It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian scholar says US will collapse _ next year

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
www.breitbart.com...

MOSCOW (AP) - If you're inclined to believe Igor Panarin, and the Kremlin wouldn't mind if you did, then President Barack Obama will order martial law this year, the U.S. will split into six rump-states before 2011, and Russia and China will become the backbones of a new world order.

But he said the recent economic turmoil in the U.S. and other "social and cultural phenomena" led him to nail down a specific time frame for "The End"—when the United States will break up into six autonomous regions and Alaska will revert to Russian control.

The martial law statement is troublesome and I'm sure Obama would do this to hold onto power.

Roper

Chains you can believe in!

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Already a decent discussion about this in another thread, its title is similar to yours.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
It depends how long the US can sustain its spiralling debt, which can only be described as frightening. I think given the current climate both finacially and in securtity terms, the time is ripening for major conflict. There is no doubt the US alomg with the UK are in a weakened state right now, and prime for a determined power to test its resolve.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
so how many russian communist underminers are responsible for sending rogues into our country to ruin it?

And for that matter why do people fall for communist dictatorships?

And futhermore why doesnt humanity stop arguing over stupid crap like systems and rely on the laws of the jungle, which always seem to win over our idealogical unreality created out of misdirection, brainwashing, repression and a diluted sense of history thanks to the elites or winners.

I dont like russia as a politcal force they have always proven to be an agressor for evil. Same with many other oligarcal countries, including modern america.

I think what happened in the 1800s was countries empowered certain families or fathers and mothers with the duty of raising sleepr cells in this country and I think that pop culture is a creation of communists who have been working hard to ruin any chance for freedom from money, freedom from rich snotty piece of nothing families who are a bunch of winey prostitutes.

I hate this crap, russia, shut up, shut down and get the hell out of my country, same with all other brainwashed slaves of idealogical insanity..LEAVE.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   

It wasn't clear how persuasive the 20-minute lecture was. One instructor asked Panarin whether his predictions more accurately describe Russia, which is undergoing its worst economic crisis in a decade as well as a demographic collapse that has led some scholars to predict the country's demise.

Panarin dismissed that idea: "The collapse of Russia will not occur."

But Alexei Malashenko, a scholar-in-residence at the Carnegie Moscow Center who did not attend the lecture, sided with the skeptical instructor, saying Russia is the country that is on the verge of disintegration.

Oh and let's not forget:

Panarin insisted he didn't wish for a U.S. collapse, but he predicted Russia and China would emerge from the economic turmoil stronger and said the two nations should work together, even to create a new currency to replace the U.S. dollar.

Hah, wishful thinking.....

This guy sounds more a sad representative of the future of Russia, not the U.S, considering "he is a dean at the Foreign Ministry's school for future diplomats and a regular on Russia's state-guided TV channels"

Which I think is the real worry here...

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by mastermind77

"And futhermore why doesnt humanity stop arguing over stupid crap like systems and rely on the laws of the jungle"

Who says they don't already? Even your post gives the feeling of deviousness behind all the rhetoric. Arguments stopped being about the meaningful stuff a long time ago as now they can send the police to your door to prove to you how right they are. And those people with ideologies, see how many would put the gun to their own heads for their beliefs. Sacrificing by blowing yourself up in a crowded place, lol. By sending soldiers from your team to die, lol. Living by an idea is harder than dieing or killing for one.

[edit on 4-3-2009 by djr33222]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I love how he states that Russia wont fail just the U.S....

Ok comrad...I have a hard time believing that Russia won't fail considering its in worse or the same situation we are.

Russia needs to get off their high horse before its legs are sweeped from under them.

The world is in danger of economic collapse, not just the U.S.

Russians with their pride...

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Some of the Russian scholars may have a heads up approach to what is going on.

The US has annalist that make judgement calls on what is going to happen in other countries.

Could Obama call for martial law?

It has been Bush for the last few years that people have been saying will do the martial law. Maybe off by one president?

Roper

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by awake_awoke

Carnegie center is known for peddling doom and gloom for Russia/USSr since cold war, can't take it seriously, and russia has budget surplus not massive deficit like USA

join