It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's Drop Out

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
This is meant to be a fun exercise. Let's close our eyes for a moment and try to forget about current crisis situations...ah yes, take yourself there to a happier, more peaceful world. In this senario, you're just sick of society - you have ample time to go where ever you want. This isn't situation X, it's just you being fed up and wanting to start anew.

If you wanted to dop out of society, where would be the best place to do this? I'm thinking somewhere along the equater... You, or rather me, would need some place warm, an area with ample food opportunities, and a lack of other large societies. Consider this idea with taking your family with you. Looking at the map, there aren't too many non industrial areas left.

In the movie The Beach, those people had an illusion of droppng out but in essence just developed another society.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Tried dropping out in 67 and again in 72 didnt quite go to plan, still have not got to san Fransisco with a flower in my hair, in fact my hair has dropped out. Could'nt drop out in 72 cos the Irish were doing their level best to kill anyone and everyone connected with Britain.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Can I tune-in ...

...before dropping out?

"Turn on, Tune in, Drop out."

Timothy Leary

Most people think life sucks, and then you die. Not me. I beg to differ. I think life sucks, then you get cancer, then your dog dies, your wife leaves you, the cancer goes into remission, you get a new dog, you get remarried, you owe ten million dollars in medical bills but you work hard for thirty-five years and you pay it back and then -- one day -- you have a massive stroke, your whole right side is paralyzed, you have to limp along the streets and speak out of the left side of your mouth and drool but you go into rehabilitation and regain the power to walk and the power to talk and then -- one day -- you step off a curb at Sixty-seventh Street, and BANG you get hit by a city bus and then you die. Maybe.

Denis Leary

Go Timmy!!! Go Denis!!!

[edit on 3/4/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Sure would be nice if you could find an island somewhere like in Lost, just without the crazy people, time-traveling, polar bears and smoke monsters. lol

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
All you can really do now is get yourself X amount of land and dissociate yourself from the rat race somewhat. You really can't escape till we find the next inhabitable planet.
An island would be nice, but then the best you could achieve is to start your own country.

....there's no escape

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whisper67
In the movie The Beach, those people had an illusion of droppng out but in essence just developed another society.

If you have more than two or three people then inevitably a new society will develop its just the way that people are. The best way I can see of dropping out as it were would be to do it in the middle of a big city. Thousands come and go everyday. A single person will not be noticed or missed. But seriously I can't really see any of us escaping from society. We just couldn't handle it. We would have to learn how fend for ourselves, to feed and medicate ourselves, build for ourselves etc. It just can't see it working because we have become so used to a situation where we only fill our segment in society and other people do the other things for us through there segment society. And there we go society comes straight back into it. Although at sometimes I must admit that it is so tempting just to say "sod it I'm leaving" and then go start again somewhere else most of us just couldn't handle it.

Well those are my thoughts at least anyone else got something that changes what I have put?

new topics

top topics

join