It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Save THE ROYAL - online petition

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   
If this is in the wrong place then would a mod move it to the approapriate location.

ITV (uk tv company) are to "shelve" the production of 60's Hospital Drama THE ROYAL in favour of producing cheap "reality tv" apparently there is a demand for foul mouthed chefs, floggin cheap tat at auctions and bints trying to tell me my jeans don't fit correctly.

THE ROYAL means more than just a TV show to me because its where I met my girlfriend 2 years ago when they were filming at Scarborough.

So although many people here may not be aware of the programme could I ask any members to at least sign the petition my girlfriend created even if its just a signature to increase what she has so far.

www.gopetition.co.uk...

I have produced a farewell video that can be viewed on youtube

www.youtube.com...

Further information can be found at my THE ROYAL site, the video can also be viewed there in the video gallery.

www.staidansroyalfree.webs.com...

Thank You.

John

[edit on 4-3-2009 by excelents]

[edit on 4-3-2009 by excelents]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   
The Royal is a great show. I've seen many episodes (but not all, yet). The Royal and Heartbeat are both great shows. Some characters and actors appear in both series. So if you like one of the series, you'll probably like the other one too. I hope they don't stop The Royal.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Heartbeat was born out of the early 90's recession that gripped the country (uk) and was created because of that hence the reason in its heyday it received a lot of viewers as many people like they are doing now stayed at home and couldn't go out.

There was another that came about "The Darling Buds Of May" that was also a recession busting drama to remind people of cosier happier times etc.

The format for HB with a music track background hadn't been tried before so was a novelty but like anything else in turn it has become an anachronism of itself.

Here we are again in a recession and there are two shows that could get people talking again but because of their stalwart attitude to keep it in the sixties this is partly one of the reasons it failed because the producers kept looking at the sixties as the never ending money cash cow.

As the 90's progressed and people began to revive from that recession and more money was available then of course people went back out and the viewing figures fell.

A constant use of using the same storylines (worked from different angles became apparent) the most obvious being Doctor, Solicitor has relationship with village bobby and said female makes her exit in one way or the other.

I am not saying that the 60's was good or bad but anything and everything can be viewed through rose tinted glasses but there are some equally good stories that could have been written to encompass the 70's.

They could now give it some all new blood now for this recession by moving HB and TR into the 70's and gain a whole new fan base and a whole new revenue of music sales using tracks from the 70's (oh wait they do that already)

After all look at the resurgence in these type of retro shows "Life On Mars" and "Ashes To Ashes".

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Any one noticed that Heartbeat has been running far longer than the decade it depicts?
always thought that was funny - an episode of heart beat blew up the telly I was about to get my grubby little mits on... It must of been one of the very first episodes, my parents had just brought a new telly for down stairs, I was gonna get the old one for my room - Claude Greengrass fired a shotgun... Blowing the tube! Grrrrr
I had to put up with a tiny black and white set for ages after that

Neither The Royal or Heartbeat have been something that I would choose to watch, but I'm happy to watch either if someone else wants to watch - both nice little programs, I guess The Royal has only been on for a short while, that's why it's getting the chop.

If anyone sees Mr Greengrass tell him he owes me about a year of colour television viewing.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
It would appear the nail has been hammered well and truly in

www.itvlocal.com...

Oh well !

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by excelents

And, as such, this thread too will be closed. Thanks for alerting us all to this though!! Just wish it could have been saved!!

Thread Closed.

TheBorg
Forum Member and Moderator

new topics

top topics

join