It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It was the London bankers after all

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Like the rest of the world I blamed the USA for stealing my savings and future well being.

But for this article - I thought you might find interesting……

London Banking Center at Core of Financial Crisis

The article, “What cooked the world’s economy? It wasn’t your overdue mortgage” focuses on the legendary banking community of the City of London and the very questionable rise of its derivative market along with the classic cooperation by the British government as being the central avenue through which the U.S. and world’s economic system has been seriously damaged.

American free press

I’m no banker so tell me what you think. Is it possible this article has something?

MJ2

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   
The amount sent to London was over 2 trillion actually, the citi of london is an independant corporation in of itself. It has its own government system. You can google it to find out more.

The figure of 600 Trillion is about right.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   
The Village Voice article appears to be saying that AIG is at the heart of it. An American firm with headquarters in America - where its main office is - as well as offices all over the world, including London.

I think it's very misleading to say that it was 'London bankers after all' which, to me, reads as if it's the fault of 'Teh Evul British' wot dun it. The article claims that AIG (as in the central office) intentionally set-up this unit to evade American regulation. To me, that's saying an American firm exploited the fact that American laws have no jurisdiction in the City of London and went with it as far as they could.

Again, I think the title is a bit misleading.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merriman Weir
The Village Voice article appears to be saying that AIG is at the heart of it. An American firm with headquarters in America - where its main office is - as well as offices all over the world, including London.

I think it's very misleading to say that it was 'London bankers after all' which, to me, reads as if it's the fault of 'Teh Evul British' wot dun it. The article claims that AIG (as in the central office) intentionally set-up this unit to evade American regulation. To me, that's saying an American firm exploited the fact that American laws have no jurisdiction in the City of London and went with it as far as they could.

Again, I think the title is a bit misleading.

Fair comment - Perhaps I should have called it by the original title from the article i.e. “London Banking Center at Core of Financial Crisis”

So you don't like the title, it’s just a play on words I guess.
“It was the London bankers after all”
I ask you what of the importance of this thread title rather than the $$$$$trillions

I wouldn’t worry too much Merriman it’s unlikely anyone is going to be interested in this thread.

MJ2

top topics

join