It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 Awesome Moves to Do in a Bar Fight

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Thought this article was pretty good and kinda funny too. Also to be honest quite useful too. Its from a martial arts blog website (Kinda new website, but nonetheless some good info), and i thought that the things that they talk about seem pretty funny and some what realistic.

4 Awesome Bar Fight Moves

What else do think would work?

[edit on 28-2-2009 by bushidomason]

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
The greatest terror weapon known to back alleys.

Projectile Vomit.

Just make sure to get it in his eyes.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I was always a fan of the flying beer bottle... but thats just me ;-p...

But that was in a different time. Throwing beer bottles at peoples heads isn't the Masonic way
lol.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by bushidomason

Try throwing your spare change at their face. Gives a comical reaction when they try to dodge it and they might even go for the money rather than you.

"Oh! A Quarter!"

Edit: Going for a piggy back ride is also a plus!

[edit on 28-2-2009 by Tentickles]

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

haha hey whatever works. combat is combat, you take whatever it does to win just don't kill the guy. i say subdue him enough where he wont hurt you or anyone else until the cops get there

the flying beer bottle might do the trick lol

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Well, I posted in a thread the other day saying that I thought one should set an example to others by being non-violent unless one needed to defend oneself. So.....

The best way I've found is to grab someone by the throat (well the neck of their shirt) and swing them round into the nearest wall or post. That's great for shock value - especially if you're a girl.

Then you've got couple of choices. A smart kick to a shin, assuming you've got hard shoes on, or a knee (or the threat of a knee) to the unmentionables.

Assuming the guy starts to slip down, a good hard clap round both ears. Then a good kicking when he's on the floor.

Make sure you do enough to keep him down, then run like hell.

Oh, input from housemate: kick their kneecap with the side of your foot then carry on down scraping their shin. That could break their kneecap or at the very least the pain in the shin is excruciating. Has the advantage that the opponent is expecting you to punch them and isn't expecting the kick.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by berenike

yea i would agree. its more noble to run away from the fight and not get in a confrontational. I think going for the vitals (of course not killing the guy) but making them immovable for enough time for you to escape is a good idea. Has anyone ever been in this situation and what has worked for you???

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I've always been opposed to running away... Standing your ground is a better way to make a statement.

I got to a bar to have a cold drink and have a laugh with my friends, not to get into fights. There are people out there who go to bars just to fight, and it's those knuckle heads that I've.. er .. 'scuffled' with in the past.

Sometimes the only way to prevent more knuckle heads from ruining a good bar, is to make an example of the first one. And when thats the case all I recomend using is bare hands. When you introduce improvised weapons anf projectiles into the mix you're pretty much asking to be arrested. But a bare handed self defense stands up with the law 9 times out of 10.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
ridgehand shot to the front of the throat.
will mess a dude up for days....fight is over in one shot

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by thing fish

hahaha that'll mess him up for a few days. hopefully you don't collapse his wind pipe and he suffocates and dies then you end up in court. a good ridge-hand strike to the collar bone, breaking it would do good as well.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Move 1. hands out in front of you (like a calmdown jesture) looks less violent than a standard boxing posture, you seem less challenging and it keeps your hands out in front to protect yourself and the bouncers can see whos causing the problem!!

Move 2. Let me buy you a drink and we can talk about it.

Move 3. Any type of move you feel comfortable doing including running or standing your ground (which ever gives you more chance at living).

And the best peice of advice I can give is this (I used to teach Aikido)
Most people that start fights in pubs are usually two parts to the wind, so just keeping your wits about you, should help keep you from ever getting into the situation in the first place.

[edit on 2-3-2009 by Kurokage]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
in australia we have a term we use, "he got glassed"

drinking glass, meet face.

ouch!

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
If you can pull it off you get your opponent over to the bar... And get him to buy you a drink.. Then you buy the next and so on until neither of you can stand. A much more amicable solution I find - my face is far too pretty to risk it over spilt beer.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

ha ha thats hilarious, but seriously if you have to resort to violence you have already lost. but im going to loose anyway might as well go down swinging.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tentickles
reply to post by bushidomason

Try throwing your spare change at their face. Gives a comical reaction when they try to dodge it and they might even go for the money rather than you.

"Oh! A Quarter!"

Excellent strategy and you should shout something like, " Here!" "Now stop asking me for money!"
This way everyone is looking at him and thinking he's a bum or something.

Also, the most awesome moves to do in a bar fight might include:
1) Not being there.
2) A girlfriend with bear mace and a short temper.
3) Having a drink with your local sheriff at the time.
4) surreptitiously spill your drink down your pants - stumble drunkenly to your feet and pass out on the floor.

Im sure you all can come up with some more.

join