It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Airline Ryanair- Irish Airline Considering Charging for Using Toilet in Flight

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Ryanair an Airline out of Ireland already charges extra for "Checking in and Baggage" now they are considering charging their customers for using the toliet in flight! They are considering putting a coin lock on the stalls and the only way to use the toliet will be if a coin is put in the slot.

link to article: news.bbc.co.uk...

One thing we have looked at in the past, and are looking at again, is the possibility of maybe putting a coin slot on the toilet door, so that people might actually have to spend a pound to spend a penny in future," he told the BBC.

He added: "I don't think there is anybody in history that has got on board a Ryanair aircraft with less than a pound."

But Rochelle Turner, head of research at Which? Holiday, said: "It seems Ryanair is prepared to plumb any depth to make a fast buck and, once again, is putting profit before the comfort of its customers.

"Charging people to go to the toilet might result in fewer people buying overpriced drinks on board, though - that would serve Ryanair right."

That is about one of the most ridiculous things I have EVER heard of................... charging customers for using the bathroom?

WOW, I know not to ever fly that airline!

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

A few strategically placed dumps in the center isle by some brave and not so shy passengers, and I'm sure Ryanair will revaluate this policy.

Amazing to see just how shameless and, well, insane, the corporate cleptocrat psychopaths are. These people, given the chance, will actually destroy the world. One locked toilet a time.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Zepherian

LOL Yeah, I also thought, when kids go to the bathroom on the seats and the cabin starts smelling, they might find it is LESS expensive to let the people go to the bathroom without charging them!

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Ooookay... Well, if I ever fly on that airline, I well definitely bring my own wee pot of gold.
What's next, cheap wing seats...outside on the wings?

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Zepherian

My thoughts EXACTLY! When the toddlers and old men who left their diapers and change purses at home have a sudden urge for bladder and colon relief, I highly doubt the passengers will want to use those seat cushions as floatation devices in the event of a water landing.

Just another scandalous company trying to send their executives on fancy cruises while they dine on caviar and hookers.

top topics

join