It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History of Housing Prices Chart - *SHOCKING* You Need To See This!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Let us look at Mr. Beck's chart and ask ourselves where the price of houses was in 2000 when GWB jr. took office, shall we? Why that would be exactly where Mr. Beck says "the market wants them to be".

Now, let us apply our logical minds and short-term memory and ponder when and why this dramatic increase in housing costs took place.

Could it have had anything to do with GWB jr.'s position that every American should own thier own home and that the banks were then completely let off the leash allowing them to make $$$ giving loans to whomever walked into their place of business? And then further deregulated oversight to allow those insititutions and Wall St. to bundle these bad loans to buyers all over the world, in turn cratering the global economy.

I guess there needed to be some strategy to giving tax rebates out to the everyman and tax deductions and evasion loopholes to the rich, so we would not see that our economy was being gutted, methinks that was it.

Honestly, do you folks not see the obvious paralells here?

[edit on 26-2-2009 by TheWayISeeIt]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

They were adjusted for inflation.

I hope you feel the same way after the country goes under. Maybe Congress will throw you a few crackers in the bread line for your loyalty.

Keep it up and you might get a Ritz.

Wake up man.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWayISeeIt

And? Who's sticking up for GWB?

I sure as hell am not. He started this freaking charade and it's only getting worse. Why does everyone want to turn this into a politics..it's not politics...THE COUNTRY IS BROKE>>>FACE IT.

Keep pointing fingers at one another while our government GIVES US THE FINGER.

Go ahead.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Here's the bottom line on home prices.

The avg home has to come down to the level that the avg worker can afford.

That being, no more that 2x his/her annual salary and them saving
20% of their income for retirement.

Until that is reached, it's all a pipe dream................

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

So let me get this straight. The average house cost $100K in 1890. Now that IS shocking.

The chart is a "prop" with no factual basis. Oooopppsss.

EDIT TO ADD: OK, in all fairness. Here is a link which substantiates his claim with a little more clarity. Hey, if I'm wrong, I'll admit it. Nobody's purfect. (sic)

www.newfinancialwisdom.com...

regards...KK

[edit on 26-2-2009 by kinda kurious]

[edit on 26-2-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
I am a drywall contractor in Florida and theres one thing Glenn forgets to metion. The houses in quailty of products in them and the square footage of the homes changed for earlier years. Builders when they found out that anybody could get a $300,000 or $400,000 home quit making the houses that were worth $100,000. The builders decided building a house for 10 or 20 percent at $100,000 didn't make since when both houses had the same turn around time. There was the get as much as you can as quick as you can befor the boom is over. Plus the higher priced houses being built led to other preexisting homes doing upgrades in order to look better and compare to the new neighbors house. Property values in general went up. But the biggest thing that drove up property was builders trying to buy up there next vacant lot for there next house. Plus the property gave them calateral for more projects.

Interesting post. I've heard similar things from others. Disturbing.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Dude, chill. Your OP is political, so now you have to deal with that. Did you watch your vid all the way to the end? Are you saying that GBeck does not have an agenda that is about undermining Obama's position?

He blatantly does and whether he is right or wrong is, in this particular instance of me responding to you, is besides the point.

The larger point is that this is classic deflection and misdirection. The US economy as we knew it before the raping, pillaging and feasting of the last admin. has changed, forever, due to the 'policies' they inacted. Facts are facts and you should try to get a handle on them before launching a thread you are not ready to handle.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
1-The chart is adjusted for inflation
2- GWB didn't start the "everyone have a home", it was Jimmy Carter, then Clinton, then Bush continued it.

Their all puppets in the scheme..........

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

The average house cost $100K in 1890

ADJUSTED FOR INFLATION.

Enjoy your crackers.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I have to say I'm getting really ticked off about all the partisan bickering. It was Bush, no it was Clinton, no it was Carter. We are a little past time to be pointing fingers.

The home values are adjusted for inflation. Look it up do your own research, and that brings me to the next issue. That is the problem with America nobody wants to do anything for themselves everybody wants somebody else to do the leg work for them.

Quit being lazy and have some personal responsibility. And educate your selves the people that have been following this mess have seen several charts showing the same exact thing.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   

It worked this time.

Nice chart and interesting but I would prefer to see some real numbers and how he came to the median of 100,000 especially since it goes back so far. It looks retrospective to me.

Feel free to correct me if I am seeing this wrong. I am not financially savvy.

[edit on 26-2-2009 by liveandlearn]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

It mades since for the banks and builders to get largest amount in the shortest time befor the boom was over. And the government noticed and didn't put the usual brakes on things cause they seen a bubble machine they thought they could use for a long time. The extra houses in Bush's eyes would of been filled if he had his way with amensty. Just think of the 21 million people he wanted to give it to and just like Regan the enforcement of the border would of been a joke like it is now and we would of had millions more hopeing for amensty jumping the open border and doubling the numbers in no time.

link   

Originally posted by Pinktip
Here's the bottom line on home prices.

The avg home has to come down to the level that the avg worker can afford.

That being, no more that 2x his/her annual salary and them saving
20% of their income for retirement.

Until that is reached, it's all a pipe dream................

That's the guide as it should be. You have some good old sense.

My wife and I would just shake our heads at all the idiots that were buying 300k houses on 75k a year. I hope out of all this, that credit gets back to what it needs to be.

link   
reply to post by silent thunder

It mades since for the banks and builders to get largest amount in the shortest time befor the boom was over. And the government noticed and didn't put the usual brakes on things cause they seen a bubble machine they thought they could use for a long time. The extra houses in Bush's eyes would of been filled if he had his way with amensty. Just think of the 21 million people he wanted to give it to and just like Regan the enforcement of the border would of been a joke like it is now and we would of had millions more hopeing for amensty jumping the open border and doubling the numbers in no time.

link   
im so glad that non of this was planned and its become a shock to all in control in goverment(SORRY i mean wall street)..why this caught every major financial and oil and economy off guard in the world ( and dont forget to blame the one thats set up to fail guaranteed by those who are pulling the strings) i mean thier pulling your strings so what the heck..may i join you all(excuse me whilst i narrow my mind alittle and take my brain out and dress like a sheep! there hello fellow sheep and my my doesnt the world look flat today
grrrr obama

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   

The larger point is that this is classic deflection and misdirection. The US economy as we knew it before the raping, pillaging and feasting of the last admin. has changed, forever, due to the 'policies' they inacted. Facts are facts and you should try to get a handle on them before launching a thread you are not ready to handle.

Once again, do you see me denying this?

Deflection and misdirection is what Obama has been doing since he started his campaign..and he's president.

Pretty much every single politician out there does the same exact thing.

What exactly are you defending anyway? Corruption? Lies?

One guy does so it's ok for the other to do the same?

Where are you going with this?

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Here is Bush announcing that he is enacting of poilicies to make sure every low-income buy a home. Enjoy!

At about 2:15 he begins to talk about how the are going to 'streamline the procees" "make the rules simplier" "change the fine print" so everyone can have a loan....

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

I think Beck will be one of the leaders of the upcoming revolution. There should be a New United States. This one is toast. I'd put Ron Paul in as Secretary of the Treasury.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Yippee! Big Deal! you put another A-hole on the screen.

What does this have to do with it?

We all know it started in the past or we could not be here.

The point of the thread in case you missed it was where is it going?

Do you have anything? Any comment or information that might show us it's not going to go below that line? Please, find us something.
I would be the first to cheer.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   

*takes a deep breath*
*speaks slowly*

I am 'going' to pointing out the reality of the situation, please watch the video I just posted, read my previous post and then tell me exactly what part it is you disagree with of what I am saying, or what part of the point is still eluding you.

It's New Rules time based on what happened when the Reps. had control of the House Senate and Executive Branch -- they created the largest Debtor society in the history of the world and sold those bad debts to every other country in the world.

EDIT TO: expound.

In turn creating a global economic meltdown. So Beck's chart, if even was based in economic reality, is a MOOT POINT. It's a new game and not one of Obama's making. Give the man a chance and understand why he has to take those chances.

[edit on 26-2-2009 by TheWayISeeIt]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join