It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012: Movie

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Have a look at this trailer.

• 2012 Site

The marketing for this is going to have it explode. Just a basic teaser that discloses nothing and then relies on the existing web content on the topic to drive the film. The "Google search: 2012" at the end of the trailer is beyond brilliant. Friends and co-workers who have saw the trailer, I've asked them if they are familiar with the 2012 conspiracies and many are not. I told them to plug it into Google and see how excited they get for the movie.

The "leave them wanting more" approach that we're seeing with this trailer is going to work, in my opinion. Much like Cloverfield did and The Dark Knight, I think this is going to get a lot of buzz through it's marketing.

• posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:08 PM
    link   
    I agree to a certain extent.

I've spoken with some people who have never heard of 2012 and are now excited to see this movie because of their research.

Others though only see yet another disaster movie and all the 2012 information in the world won't get them excited.

I'll be seeing it though.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:12 PM
    link   
    With future trailers, I think it is crucial that they separate this film from "other" disaster films. While it is in the genre, this can be much more.

That's a great point you make.

If after seeing this film, we're left saying that "it was just another disaster film" it would be a major disappointment.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:16 PM
    link   
    That's my concern with the trailer right now.

It relies on people to do their own research to find out that this isn't just another disaster movie.

I'd have to think most people won't care enough to google 2012.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:18 PM
    link   
    Even without doing the google search, the lack of information given leaves us wanting more. So even if we don't google it, it's more than likely we'll at least ask others about it.

The trailer plays on our curiosity and that's not something we can easily ignore.

Even if it doesn't work out as they hope, it's still very early and plenty of time to re-adjust. I think it's going to cause a stir though.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:20 PM
    link   
    True enough.

If I didn't know anything about 2012 and I saw the ocean seemingly swallow mountains and drown the earth it would peak my interest.

It's more clever than I thought....

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:41 PM
    link   
    reply to post by chissler

It looks like Summit Entertainment is going to beat them with the disaster flick "Knowing" coming out March 20:

www.imdb.com...

It will see if this helps or hurts the mega expensive "2012".

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 02:47 PM
    link   
    I wonder how RE will destroy the White House this time...??? He seems to enjoy doing that in his films...hehe...

new topics

top topics

join