It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cairo bombing not from known groups

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Cairo bombing not from known groups

www.cnn.com

The weekend bombing in one of the Egyptian capital's busiest tourist districts was not orchestrated by any known extremist group, state-run media reported.

The wounded were mainly Europeans, including 17 French nationals and a German. Three Saudis and three Egyptians -- including a soldier and a boy -- also were hurt in the explosion
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Bombings happen all the time. But something seems fishy. I don't know of any groups claiming responsibility which always happens after an attack. They found another one near a populated market that didn't go off. All bombers leave a "signature" and this one has one that hasn't been seen before or at least by the Egyptians.

Maybe CIA involvement? Sure it’s out there but it would make sense. Egypt fits into the intel communities plans as does every other major country in the Middle East / Africa. Let's say that they are involved and that this is just to instigate something. I am sure that there are a lot of things going on behind the scenes in the Near East Division and faking attacks isn't anything new to Langley.

If somehow it was leaked that there was involvement or if someone else has a theory then this could definitely point to operations like this in the past and a link to the 9/11 theory of friendly fire.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
i didnt even read the article or your post, but im going to bet you bring up that the CIA is somehow involved almost like they are some super man organization.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Or maybe, as the article suggested, the bombing was done by a freelancer. There are many people with political grievences in Egypt.

On a personal note I hope things are nice and calm as I am going to Egypt for ten glorious days of archeology in June.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swatman
i didnt even read the article or your post, but im going to bet you bring up that the CIA is somehow involved almost like they are some super man organization.

Trust me I know the CIA isn't a superman organization. They never were and now that politics and reform have hit its getting even worse. They are crippled even worse then they were before. And if you didn't read my article or my post then why are you betting? Also it wouldn't be extremely difficult for them to get an indigenous asset to plant some homemade bombs.

[edit on 24-2-2009 by nastalgik]

join