It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

44 Republican Congressman Introduce Bill to Abolish IRS and Income Tax

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
A bill has been introduced and supported by 44 Repulican Congressmen to abolish the IRS and Income Tax. (It is of course being supported by Ron Paul. )

EDIT: I wrote that part, about Ron Paul, but I may be mistaken, I saw his name under the bill headline - but he may not be a sponsor of it. The headline link is here: www.opencongress.org...

link to bill: www.opencongress.org...

Text of H.R.25 as Introduced in House
Fair Tax Act of 2009
To promote freedom, fairness, and economic opportunity by repealing the income tax and other taxes, abolishing the Internal Revenue Service, and enacting a national sales tax to be administered primarily by the States.
current 111st session of congress
January 6, 2009CommentsClose CommentsPermalink

1Mr. LINDER (for himself, Mr. KINGSTON, Mr. WESTMORELAND, Ms. GINNY BROWN-WAITE of Florida, Mr. YOUNG of Alaska, Mr. ALEXANDER, Mr. TIAHRT, Mr. AKIN, Mr. MCCAUL, Mr. PRICE of Georgia, Mr. HENSARLING, Mr. GINGREY of Georgia, Mr. DEAL of Georgia, Mr. WITTMAN, Mr. BURTON of Indiana, Mr. PENCE, Mr. POE of Texas, Mr. BROWN of South Carolina, Mr. BARTLETT, Mr. STEARNS, Mr. CARTER, Mr. FRANKS of Arizona, Mr. BRADY of Texas, Mr. SULLIVAN, Mr. CONAWAY, Mr. THORNBERRY, Mr. BILBRAY, Mr. DUNCAN, Mr. CULBERSON, Ms. FALLIN, Mr. BACHUS, Mr. KING of Iowa, Mr. LAMBORN, Mr. LUCAS, and Mr. NEUGEBAUER) introduced the following bill; which was referred to the Committee on Ways and Means

It would then be called the Fair Tax,

I hope Pelosi sends this up for a vote, but the problem is, the IRS is actually controlled by the Fed. Reserve, which is not actually a govt. entity. In fact if you look at a returned check from the IRS, on the back it says Federal Reserve Bank.

So, we know the bankers actually control what goes on, and they will never go along with this. So I don't put much hope into this happening.

[edit on 23-2-2009 by questioningall]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
This is not eliminating tax. It is just converting it from income tax to a much much much larger sales tax.

There is so many problems with this Fairtax it would take months to explain. So look up the opposition to this bill and read why it is so bad.

Don't get me wrong, Id vote yes on it, but only because it gets rid of the income tax. It just needs lots of work to make it perfect.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
What changed Ron Paul's mind?

If I recall correctly, he was originally against the Fair Tax,
which, like robwerden stated, just converts the federal
income tax into a much larger sales tax. What gives?

I'm absolultely for the abolishment of the federal income tax
and the FED including the IRS, but not if I'm going to get raped
just as hard by a new tax or institute of equal evilness.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by robwerden

yeah i don't get the trying to make up for the loss of income tax by making another new tax? That's just trading half a dozen for 6.

They should eliminate tax, and then eliminate themselves. spending is the problem, not where the revenue for spending comes from.

DUH congress people!!! You must be dumb as hell. Do you jacknuts need me to come run the country for you or what? Typical......you want something done right, then DIY, baby!

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by aecreate

I'm not sure he is supporting it. I don't see his name anywhere. The OP just throws that out there, I don't see where it's backed up by RP.

If anyone has a link I'd like to see it.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
there was another thread last month on this.

Ron Paul does not support this.

top topics

join