It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do we trust declassified documents and leaked information?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Hi Guys,

I wasn’t able to find a thread that addressed this concern, so I’ll ask afresh. If anyone does know of a discussion that covers it, then please do link in. I spent some time this weekend going through some of the internet documentaries that discuss the historical evidence for the things that are happening now, and that might happen sometime in the future. The arguments that many put forward are very compelling – Hitler’s burning of the Reichstag is, of course, irrefutable. Then there’s the evidence that we have of the CIA’s involvement in false-flag terror attacks throughout the latter half of last century, which was gathered from declassified documents and whiteness testimonial. It is this that troubles me:

Much of what we know, and of what we predict, relies on the trust placed in the integrity of those declassified documents. Now, why would the CIA, NSA, USAF etc declassify records that quite clearly show irrefutable parallels with the historical indicators we’re all seeing now? These documents are one of our main sources, and yet still, there has been no government work to halt the declassification of these.

Now, of course, we can all say that such documents have to be de-classified after a certain period, in line with the law. However, some of those reports etc were so highly classified that hardly anyone knew of their existence, other than those directly involved, and therefore implicated. Why, therefore was the very existence of those documents made known to other people? Surely it was within the power of those working on these projects to ensure the destruction of these papers, or, at least, to ensure they did not get onto the ‘declassification list’. It simply doesn’t make sense to me that we’re constantly being fed declassified documents and reports that do nothing but support our speculation that the government had a hand in the terrorist attacks in New York and London, and are actively working to secure Middle eastern territories – why are they feeding the fire, with the excuse that the law says these things must be declassified. It surely cannot be that hard to ensure such things are never made public – as is being done with a hell of a lot of other records.

What are the explanations? Why do it, and yet still refuse to acknowledge the parallels? I’m really not too sure, but can speculate that:

1. These guys simply don’t care because, to be perfectly honest, no revolutions have been started yet, have they? Perhaps the international government is so confident in its security that it really doesn’t matter who draws the obvious parallels – ‘So, what are you going to do about it?’
2. These records and conclusions are just small-fry in the grand scheme of things. The empower world is keeping quiet, because all this will be overshadowed soon by something that will take our attention a little more.
3. A conscious decision was made to release the information, to seed public / our opinion for some reason that makes no sense. Either to avert our eyes from the truth, or as part of a deliberate disinformation plan – though I’ve no idea what the goal would be.

What does everyone think about this? It does seem like it’s just too easy to uncover secrets these days, with Memos and plans being leaked all over the place – consider whether this is deliberate.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   
We don't. That's why we analyze them, set them aside, and wait for more reference materials to corroborate information..Unless you're an idiot, and there are many, who believe everything they see in every document or on every website.

Great question by the way. This hasn't really been asked.

[edit on 23-2-2009 by projectvxn]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Thanks vx,

As a wider community, we do put a lot of work into verifying the accuracy of all of this information, which has helped us a great deal in the past in weeding out those ‘releases’ that have been obvious bull. Of course, this only addresses half of the problem, though. What about the stuff that really is true? We can verify the validity of these declassified documents, but it still does not address the question of why? Why were they released in a climate where such documents are instantly used as fuel for the fire?

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Why do we trust declassified documents and leaked information?

Because we, the people don't have a choice. We, as middle class workers can take it or leave it but be thankful they shared anything.
edit on 26-5-2017 by Profundity because: html

top topics

join