It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Archiving entire threads

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I can't find the suggestion forum if there is one. I would appreciate if this were moved.

Anyway, my suggestion: I like how we can save single posts for personal archive reasons but I have a tendency to save all of them (from the threads I like). It's important because it provides a context for posts I have made that I would otherwise have forgotten exactly why I wrote them, or exactly what I was responding to. I know I can just look through the site for this information, but considering the recent financial collapse, and the way the world seems to be going right now, I'm kind of getting scared for the structural integrity of the Internet in general. Ok, a little bit paranoid there but still... It would be nice if an entire thread could be generated in the current single-post format, so that I could save the entire thing at once. It would make everything so much easier.

Thanks in advance for any considerations you make,
and thanks for making ATS such a wonderful community.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
There used to be a way to do this, in the board code, but it's broken now. Add "&action=printable" to the thread URL:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It looks like that feature's been 'obsoleted', along with the ability to specify 'ppp' (posts per page) to viewthread.php. Probably a good thing, since some ATS threads run to hundreds of pages.

join