It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Lawmakers Clash Over Nationalizing Banks to Stem Declines

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   

U.S. Lawmakers Clash Over Nationalizing Banks to Stem Declines

www.bloomberg.com

Senate Banking Committee Chairman Christopher Dodd said yesterday some banks may have to be taken over for “a short time,” and his House counterpart, Financial Services Committee Chairman Barney Frank, along with Republican Senator Jon Kyl rejected having the government step in to run banks.

“I don’t welcome that at all, but I could see how it’s possible it may happen,” Dodd, a Connecticut Democrat, said on Bloomberg Television’s “Political Capital with Al Hunt,” broadcast this weekend. “I’m concerned that we may end up having to do that, at least for a short time.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I have said it before... and here it is again. Christopher Dodd is of the most evil scum in politics... and he LOOKS it, too!!
Hell, he was one of the leaders on the idea of monitoring all purchases online a few months back.
He tried passing it before. It failed, so he slipped it into the LAST 'stimulus' plan... which apparently didn't seem to stimulate much.

More on topic, is it really so important to nationalize our banks? Why does our government think that they can do anything right, after all that has happened?

Why does Christopher Dodd think every aspect of our lives needs to be monitored by gov't? Does he want our internet purchases tracked to make sure we are not buying weapons that might potentially harm his type?

*UPSET*

www.bloomberg.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Yea, let the federal government run banks. They have shown how well they can bankrupt social security, and everything else they lay their corrupt crooked hands on. Why do they think the know anything about finance when they spend trillions that they never had in the first place. The federal government has turned into the biggest joke in town annd letting them run anything will be a sure way to total and utter destruction and collapse. And I will refrain from saying anything derrogatory about them...

new topics

join