It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oops! Google exposes US airbase in Pakistan used to launch drones

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Google exposes US airbase in Pakistan used to launch drones

rawstory.com

ntil recently, Google Earth prominently displayed an image of a clandestine US airbase that housed unmanned Predator drones in Pakistan. An image appeared to show three drones outside a hangar at the end of a runway, which was then confirmed to be an airfield by a British newspaper.

The newspaper then cited intelligence sources as saying the CIA had been using the base to attack and observe al-Qaeda and Taliban militants along the Pakistan-Afghanistan border.

The photograph appears to confirm a seeming slip-of-the-tongue by Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA), a member of the Senate Intelligence Committee who said that the US was launching strikes on Pakistani territory from inside Pakistan ("As I understand it, these [drones] are flown out of a Pakistani base," she said). Feinstein's spokesman later asserted she was only repeating something she saw in The Washington Post, but intelligence sources used the opportunity to confirm that the US had indeed been using Pakistani bases.

American and Pakistani officials have repeatedly denied that the US has launched strikes from within Pakistan.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Admin Edit: corrected title to match that of the original story

[edit on 19-2-2009 by Crakeur]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Caught lying again....bad US govt! Its funny the technology that they funded and developed is now exposing all of their lies. Pretty soon google earth is going to be all black the way things are going.

I was also wondering what is going on in Tibet that needs to be covered up? What don't they want us to see over there? Apparently google has been very compliant with censoring US and Chinese sensitive areas. They either black it out or fill it in with old pictures.
I guess this was just a slip up. Oops!

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Here is the pic that got them in trouble.

"American and Pakistani officials have repeatedly denied that the US has launched strikes from within Pakistan." ~from source

We stated we were not launching UAV predators from Pakistan but this pic says otherwise.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
i wish i could say i'm surprised ...

but i'm not.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Yeah well they don't exactly have a list called "secret places, do not photograph" because then they wouldn't be very secret.

If the US is denying an airbase, then telling google to blot out a specific area would be inadvertently admitting that there is a secret air base there.

Catch 22?

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I guess in some cases they just dont want you too see whats going on at the air base, such as in this one. You can actually see the UAV's that they denied. Apparently they are supposed to use old photos so you cant see what planes, tanks, uavs, they have ready to go at a certain location.

That would make for easy enemy targeting.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
this means more than people think it does
it means the war, as we already knew, is all lies

the U.S. and Pakistan in cahoots with each other

it's like Jesse Ventura said, politics is like wrestling, they pretend to be enemies in front of the media but they all laugh with each other in the locker rooms later on.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

it's like Jesse Ventura said, politics is like wrestling, they pretend to be enemies in front of the media but they all laugh with each other in the locker rooms later on.

I like that quote alot. Sums it up nicely. If im not mistaken didn't Pakistan say they would no longer be on the offensive against the taliban?...doesn't that mix things up a bit?

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Did anyone hear anything about this from the good old MSM today? Just curious.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
So what. Like the Talibans will ever go on internet. Internet in Pakistan? AH! They must be on 14.4 bps dial up. it would take a thousand years to load google and google earth.

/half kidding

new topics

top topics

join