It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steps of SZU-HSIANG KAI-TSAO ( brainwashing )

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
This is just something I have learned and I want to share with you. Knowing more about brainwashing can help you fight against it.

There is really no such thing known as brainwashing. Thought Reform has been misunderstood as brainwashing. With thought reform, the original thought is there but the new one is overpowering. I will look at this from 2 stand points. I will point out thought reform from the point of a relationship.

Steps:
1. strip of identity
2. remove social support
3. enforce isolation
4. Total dependence for all needs
5. physical and mental discomfort
6. assault on the self for establishing guilt
7. reinforce the act of confessing
8. punish not confessing
9. betrayal of self and others
10. new social support provided
11. role playing and repetition
12 refinement
13 public commitment

From a relationship point of view.
1. Strip of identity. When you are dating someone or are in love with someone you feel that there is no longer two of you but one. ONE. Oh its so and so. You are now one person.

2. Remove social support. How many of your friends or yourself started dating somebody and quit hanging out with the rest of your group of friends. I'm sure NO ONE has EVER seen this happen. /sarcasm

3.Enforce Isolation. quit hanging out with your old friends. spend all your free-time with this new person of yours.

4. Total Dependence for all needs. These are meaningless needs for each other. I need you to eat dinner with me, I need you to be there for me all the time.

5. Physical and mental discomfort. How many times has he or she never called you back. Did you get that pain in your chest, did you feel worried over it.

6. Assault on self for establish guilt. So you never called your girl, now you might feel bad. You guys got in an argument over something stupid and now you are not talking. maybe you feel bad about it.

7. Reinforce the act of confessing. "you better tell me where you been and what you been doing, " girlfriend.

8. Punish not confessing. Mad girlfriend. you on the couch.

9. betryal of self and others. So you started dating this girl who is taking up all your time. you quit doing things you wanted to do, maybe quit playing in that band with your friends, quit going out drinking and bowling with the boys. quit going after some of those dreams.

10. New social support provided. Girlfriend/boyfriend does not like your friends and wants you to hang out with there friends.

11. Role playing and repetition. If you are a couple you have to act like a couple when you are out in public and parties. there are certian scripts a boyfriend and girlfriend must fulfill.

12. Refinement. improving your relationship. working at it. Making her a better girlfriend, changing him into your perfect boyfriend.

13. public commitment. Kids, marriage. divorce.

[edit on 19-2-2009 by ModestMike]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
hahaha ... bitter?

amusing to see it put thru the filter of a relationship... I have seen number 2 happen to my many of my friends.. (wait.. that didnt sound right :lol

do you know any history of Szu-hsiang kai-tsao (presumably Chinese?)

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Sorry about the messy break-up, hope things get better. Being a participant in mutual love for a decade and a half, I can say it's well worth it (as well as being a parent). Love is one of those things a person can never feel they can fully trust until it works beyond doubt.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
LOL.
Guys this is not about a break up. Honestly its just to show you guys how brainwashing works. I will give another example if that helps.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModestMike
LOL.
Guys this is not about a break up. Honestly its just to show you guys how brainwashing works. I will give another example if that helps.

Hi, yeah i also don't see this as something someone would write after a break up, how this would help i don't know.

I have seen this happen a lot with several of my friends and also with me at least two times.

Also i had a girlfriend who really felt for it in a very bad way, with some guy that was supposedly a 'family friend' but all he wanted was to get to her, so he use a lot of these steps on her and they worked very well, he even got to force her into fighting her mother and brothers because of little dumb things so that she would not have anyone to go to for help when she was feeling bad.

She got really depressed and did drugs because of all the heavy brain washing, felt miserable and then had to cry for help with the family, god knows what could have happened if she hadn't break up.

This happens a lot, believe me, i have seen it.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaifan

Originally posted by ModestMike
LOL.

Hi, yeah i also don't see this as something someone would write after a break up, how this would help i don't know.

I have seen this happen a lot with several of my friends and also with me at least two times.

Also i had a girlfriend who really felt for it in a very bad way, with some guy that was supposedly a 'family friend' but all he wanted was to get to her, so he use a lot of these steps on her and they worked very well, he even got to force her into fighting her mother and brothers because of little dumb things so that she would not have anyone to go to for help when she was feeling bad.

She got really depressed and did drugs because of all the heavy brain washing, felt miserable and then had to cry for help with the family, god knows what could have happened if she hadn't break up.

This happens a lot, believe me, i have seen it.

Yes thank you Kaifin for seeing my point. And if you guys give me till sunday, I will write a new topic. And further prove that it is THESE STEPS
that can cause brain washing IN MANY forms. More examples will help you see. or maybe your already brainwashed?

[edit on 20-2-2009 by ModestMike]

new topics

top topics

join