It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britons on trial over "airliner bomb plot"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Britons on trial over "airliner bomb plot"

www.reuters.com

LONDON (Reuters) - A gang of British Islamists plotted to cause deaths on an "almost unprecedented scale" by blowing up transatlantic airliners using bombs disguised in soft drink bottles, a London court heard on Tuesday.

The eight men were almost ready to execute their plan to simultaneously bring down seven aircraft in mid-air as they flew from London to the United States and Canada when they were arrested, Woolwich Crown Court was told.

"What these men intended to bring about was a violent and deadly statement of intent that would have truly global impact," prosecutor Peter Wright told jurors in the high security court.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
"Britons on trial ..."

Alas, another Politically Correct headline to try and mask the truth that once again, we have a terrorist plot to murder perhaps thousands of of innocent men, women and children by radical (not all) muslims. Note that I said "radical" and not all muslims to head off the the inevitable posts about trying to blame all of them for what the radicals do. These were radicals, but it shows that they are still active and a menace to the civilized world.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 2/17/2009 by centurion1211]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Hmm well I don't think the headline is wrong, I think adding things like radical muslims terrorists etc to the headline would just sensationalize it, which loses validity somewhat in my eyes. It was probably sensationlized to death when it actually happened, they're only on trial now. Let em get what's coming to em.

It's good they were stopped, but thanks to that sad looking lot now you can't bring drinks onto flights anymore, thanks guys!

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Let's see how these would-be murderers enjoy their stay in a British high security prison.

Maybe the other inmates can teach them a lesson that the justice system can't. 'Cos let's not forget, all those prisoners have families and friends that may have taken a fatal flight out of the UK. I don't think some of them will take too kindly to potential child killers.

Let's ensure these radical scum realise the error of their ways, by being incarcerated in a system that once welcomed these people into our country with trust.

Scum.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
Let's see how these would-be murderers enjoy their stay in a British high security prison.

They'll probably love it, free X-Box, internet access, private prayer rooms etc.

As for the headline I think it uses the word Briton because it's correct and that in itself is a pretty big story! A Saudi terrorist indoctrinated in a Pakistani Madras is nothing so special but a British terrorist indoctrinated in a Bradford Mosque is pretty bad.

top topics

join