It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Psychic/Medium Experiences

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Hello all,

I've recently become very interested in the whole subject of mediumship and cold reading. What I would like to know is:

Have you ever had a reading? (Tarot, I ching, Ouija etc)
Have you ever made contact with anyone through a medium?

I would love to hear all your experiences, whether accurate or a complete waste of time, if you could also supply the name of the medium/psychic that would be fantastic!

Looking forward to reading your replies.................

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Hi Molech...how are you?

I have had some experience of mediumship training, and I do readings with Fae cards (like Tarot a wee bit), but to me the two are very different.

I've been doing readings for a few years now, and developed a really good technique that I get great results with, and although I am clairvoyant to a good degree, it doesn't always come into play with the cards readings. It's perfectly possible, as with classic Tarot readings, to learn what the cards are saying from a purely empirical point of view, working with the card meanings, and looking at the patterns they make, how they relate to each other, and so on.

Mediumship is a very different skill that takes a long time to build and refine. It takes a lot of work, and it quite demanding, both emotionally and physically. It's best to start training in a circle of experienced mediums who can help you develop, and be prepared to work for a few years, even if you have ability. I did this for a while a couple of years ago, until the usual backbiting, and petty arguments set in. I found that very quickly, I was getting real contact and very accurate messages through that were genuinely very useful. No-one was more shocked that I was! I seem to be more clairvoyant than clairaudient, so information was presented to me in the for or images, almost like a video played in my head, and all I had to do was relay what I was seeing.

I've also had a lot of readings from other people, some great, some a bit bland, and a few downright dreadful. It's a really hard thing to get right.

I could blether for hours, but let me know if there is anything else I can help with....

Cait x

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I visited a medium about 3 years ago...I can honestly say the descriptions she was describing to me didn't make sense at the time because they hadn't happened yet...but recently have put the puzzle together and been astonished at what I've heard...

It's hard to judge whats real and what garbage your being fed...some are legit though....very legit...I find that people who study Reiki are benevolent and generally want to help you by giving you the best information they can with what they have.

Some people will never go and visit a medium but I cannot express this enough...IF you do- keep an open mind and write down everything...

It's also refreshing after losing a loved one...which was when I went.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I went to a psychic in New Orleans and he was very very good at describing my past and present; my future, I'm not so sure but some of it didnt seem logical....he said I would own real estate in two years which I can't even see happening at all considering I'm 20... he also said my current boyfriend and I would basically elope and I dont see that happening either considering I want a fairy tale wedding, lol. He used tarot cards but he seemed to use his hands to connect with mine alot, it was interesting how much he was able to figure out by holding my hands.

I went to a reading last week here in Cincinnati. She seemed pretty accurate but it was more general and she was trying to help me figure out myself spirtually. She said my angels were in the room with her. It was interesting, I can't decide if I want to go back.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Thank you all for your replies so far, they're fantastic!

What I would really like to know is what techniques the readers used?

Was all the information presented to you, or was it more of a conversation with facts etc. being offered during this process?

And thank you again!

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I had a reading years ago (the girl read playing cards) I don't think she actually knew how good she was!
I was in my early 20's and yet she could see my potential husband (whom I had not even met yet) she told me his name would begin with A & she could see symptoms like a cold,she also said she could see a baby girl!
My husband is called Alan he has severe hayfever which constantly causes him to reach for a hankey & we had a daughter!! she was so accurate...and it was approx 2 years after the reading my husband & I met.. She did also say she could see me surrounded by lots of money...that is yet to happen..unless you count when I was working in a cash office as was surrounded by money then

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
The Thrill Kill Kult? Something that I have never heard of, care to elaborate?

To everyone else; when I have more time I will address the info you have given me directly, thankyou for all your replies!

[edit on 16-2-2009 by Molech]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
As far as I can discover, The Thrll Kill Kult is a death metal tour, not an overtly psychic experience.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I have a neighbor that has this ability to find things that are genuinely lost, I am in the process right now of trying to determine if she can prove to me her ability as she has plenty of her own experiences and her partner assures me of her ability.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfAces
I visited a medium about 3 years ago...

but recently have put the puzzle together and been astonished at what I've heard...

It's also refreshing after losing a loved one...which was when I went.

I find this very interesting Ace, I presume that you went to find find closure for your bereavement? Do you feel that this would make you more open to what was being said? I am glad that you found closure and didn't go to one of the ever increasing mediums who will go for shock tactics.

Would you say that the future predictions were entirely accurate? Or have they been vaguely about what hapened?

Did you make decisions based on these predictions, a self fulfilling prophecy perhaps?

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Seekingmyself

Thankyou for sharing!

Can you remember if the reading of your past was accurate about actual events, or more about the type of person you are?

As to the future predictions, hold out for your fairytale wedding, don't let him whisk you off to Vegas!

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

Hello Caitlin, thankyou very much for your post.

Do you have any links for more information on these Fae cards? I would love to know more about there history and origins.

In regard to your clairvoyance, can you turn it on and off? If you are walking through the street and someone passes you, do you get flashes from people connected to them?

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by mazzroth

If you are able to get any evidence for this, I think that would be fascinating. Would you be able to find out where she gets this information from? She is not mind reading the person if the article is genuinely lost, does she claim to have a spirit guide or similar?

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Molech
reply to post by Seekingmyself

Thankyou for sharing!

Can you remember if the reading of your past was accurate about actual events, or more about the type of person you are?

As to the future predictions, hold out for your fairytale wedding, don't let him whisk you off to Vegas!

The New Orleans psychic did a combination of both. He was able to pinpoint precise illnesses I had, and knew about my mom leaving when I was 10. he also knew about my sister and brothers past. He did tell me alot about the type of person I am...many of which were traits you could not point out unless you know me pretty well.

I completely plan on waiting for my fairytale wedding, hehe
Oh, and I plan on going back to the psychic here in Cincinnati next week. Does anyone have tips on finding an authentic one?

top topics

join