It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dream premonition, clairvoyance, and time perception.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Somtimes, when I'm dreaming, I'll dream a string of events that leads to actual events outside the dream, in the real world...

Example: In a dream someone will walk through a door and close it behind them at the exact time I hear someone closing a door somewhere else in the house.

Another: Something will be happening in the dream where someone or something requires more light, and someone will turn on a light in the house right at the time the light is lit in the dream.

The most recent: I live in the mountains, and my clock radio doesn't get good reception, so I use the highly annoying alarm function to wake up. I had a dream where I was trying to gain access to a certain room in a building by manipulating the wires in the security door system, and right as I cut a wire, my alarm went off, but in the dream, it was the building's security system. I just think that is more than good timing. Could it be that we have internal clocks that always know what time it is?

One thing I think might explain this is that while we are dreaming, our normal sense of time progression may not apply like it does in the real world. Such that in the case of the sound of the door closing in the real world, our minds could construct an event to incorporate that sound without being bound to the normal concepts of past, present, and future. Hearing the sound, creating an event in the dream that corresponds to the sound, but making it seem that the events in the dream took place before the real event happened, when actually it didn't. Does that make any sense?

Another possible explanation is clairvoyance or premonition. Having awareness of remote locations, or knowing things are going to happen before they do. There is a lot we still don't know about the mind, how dreams work, and our true capabilities.

Anyone else have things like this happen to them?

DeltaChaos

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I've had dreams where they incorporate elements from my hearing senses. If the TV is on while I'm sleeping, my dreaming state will manipulate and interact with the Hearing Faculty's senses. Exactly as you describe, if I hear screaming or a loud crash, I will dream of something that corresponds with and includes those elements of the outside world.

You include time into your post. I have dreams right before I wake up, or when I fall asleep for maybe just a few minutes. During those few minutes a whole story with high detail can happen in my dream, which shows myself that time is nothing but an interpretation, or relative.

There is a possibility that our subconscious constructs our realities in the outside world. When you think about it, all our experience is within us, so everything begins with us, in the subconscious, which then will manifest out there after. We may have that ability to alter the outside reality from our subconscious on a more dynamic level than what we are used to.

There is a whole lot that we possibly don't know about the true capabilities of the mind which we are shown through our dreams.

I also want to bring up that when we dream, I wonder why it acts like we are just spectators in the dream. It is almost like we are an entitiy within our own mind. There is some type of order there that works without our having to do anything. An example is when a dream will "try", almost like it's alive on its own, to bring us to some aspect of our lives that deserves attention. Interesting.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   
DeltaChaos,

Are you going through change?

If you are, were you counting on something that didn�t come through?

Closing doors in a dream can mean something you counted on didn�t happen and that option has been close. I wonder if you trying to gain access to a room by manipulating the security system could be interpreted as your reluctance in accepting that you need to go in a different direction. By manipulating the wires you show an attempt to control a situation that may be out of your control, a last ditch effort to continue in the direction that you once expected.

[Edited on 14-4-2004 by kinglizard]

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I agree with the security access thing. I think it has to do with me struggling to get the ATS history thing going... like maybe I'm taking the wrong approach. That has been on my mind lately, and that particular dream occured right as I was trying to figure out how to go about writing it. Maybe that's it...

DC

...and I was planning on winning the debate tounament, too...

[Edited on 14-4-2004 by DeltaChaos]

top topics

join