It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth Like Planets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   

'There are something like a few dozen solar-type stars within something like 30 light years of the sun, and I would think that a good number of those - perhaps half of them have Earth-like planets,' Alan Boss told the annual meeting of the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AASS).

'So I think there is a very good chance that we will find some Earth-like planets within 10, 20 or 30 light years of the Sun,' the astrophysicist from the Carnegie Institution for Science told his AAAS colleagues meeting here since Thursday.

Source

Debating if there is life beyond our planet is obviously just plain silly. The clear answer is of course. How could you be so ignorant to deny such facts?

As for Earth like planets existing, that's up for another entirely different debate. However, I don't doubt the possible chance another planet just like ours exists.

What do you guys think?

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I think there are probably trillions of Earth-like planets in the Universe among the other gazillions of planets out there.

I heard a theory that I kind of like, that the supermassive black hole at the center of each galaxy is the source of the information that created that galaxy. Each galaxy is essentially "programmed" through the supermassive black hole.

The theory also goes on to say that intelligent life develops in a common, programmed pattern in each galaxy. Our galaxy is said to be a "human" galaxy, supposedly you would find many human-like beings on earth-like planets throughout the milky way, as you might find that the next galaxy over was programmed to have reptilian beings.

Who knows if it's all true or not but pretty cool to think about.

[edit on 15-2-2009 by Diplomat]

new topics

join