It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese house hunters tour U.S. in search of sweet deal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Chinese house hunters tour U.S. in search of sweet deal

www.usatoday.com

BEIJING — A special Chinese tour group is heading to the United States later this month to go bargain hunting for houses at foreclosure prices.

More than 40 affluent house hunters from across China will begin a trip to Boston, New York, San Francisco and Los Angeles on Feb. 24 in search of cheap homes to buy. Their goal: to find investment property and housing their children could use when they go to the USA to study or work. Their budget: $300,000 to $800,000 apiece.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
What a damn country of complacent morons we have become. Go ahead and welcome China to come over and buy up everything and see how our children's children will reap the wrath of greed and the agenda of the Chinese government. This is why our country is in the shape it is now, we welcomed them over and let them tour our plants and then they went back home and shut down all our industries except for a few. But what did they then do, just made sure our imports exceeded our exports and took over "American Made" products. Let them buy all the foreclosures and bring thier countrymen over and take away the rest of the jobs that illegals now are doing. Just remember, there are millions of illegal Chinese among those that are already here. Now they can lease and rent them out so they to can become a bigger part of our problem.

www.usatoday.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Oh so now you dont like capitalism?
reap what you sow,i guess you weren't that bothered when it was americans or rich westerners buying up land and homes in foreign countries?

[edit on 14-2-2009 by Solomons]

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Yes the "EEEVIL" Chinese government with their wrath of greed and diabolic agenda. HAHAHAHA what a typical american. Where were you when we americans were doing the same things to other countries? Exactly Solomon, reap what you sow. And this ridiculous remark about illegals taking our jobs? I really do not understand that. How is it possible when these illegals who do not speak a word of english take our jobs? These jobs must be jobs that none of us americans want or maybe they are just more qualified than the ignorant monkeys that we have become.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Realtors are no better than pimps. They are in part responsible for the inflated housing prices that have led to part of this massive financial collapse.

And now, with true mercenary spirit, they sell our homes to ChiComs while 200k US vets sleep homeless tonight!

America **** Yeah!

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
WWIII has already started, but this time there are no bombs and tanks. This time they will take over the world with stealth and money. What amazing times we live in...

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I don't think having Chinese for neighbors will be bad thing.
How can they be worse than the white trash that lives next to me now; with their 4 barking dogs, their wreaked cars, their bawling kids, trash on the lawn that is brown and dead, constant fighting, yelling, and RAP!!!

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
...when it was americans or rich westerners buying up land and homes in foreign countries?
[edit on 14-2-2009 by Solomons]

So true!

reply to post by traderjack

Some countries greatly restrict ownership by non-nationals. In America...everything is for sale ...apparently even our ports. Yes, when our vets go homeless...despicable situation!

Anyway, I got a bad taste in my mouth from realtors, when years ago, the day after my first husband received a layoff notice, we got a phone call from a realtor wanting to "help" us by listing our house. Vulture!

Then, when my parents arranged to list their house years ago before my dad retired, the realtor sweet talked them into selling their house quickly rather than wait for a better offer (they were in no hurry!) "Oh, he sent me a big, beautiful bouquet of flowers!", my mother gushed over the phone.

Sure, he could pay for the biggest bouquet around, from making the sum he would make on the quick turnover, but I always felt my parents got less than what they could have in that market, as they received quite a bit less than the sale of comparable houses in the area. They were happy, so I never said anything.

Ok, history lesson, history lesson. Before Hong Kong was to be turned over to the Chinese, many Hong Kong families were trying to get their money invested in America, due to the uncertainty of the turn over. There was a rush then to buy California real estate. Before then, Japanese invested in CA real estate (many commercial properties), during their boom years. I also remember Middle Eastern investors trying to buy as much as they could in the late 1970's.

top topics

join