It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Commerce Appt - Sen. Judd Gregg - Withdraws

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Another one bites the dust ... At least this one is gone because of his own ethical standards and not any corruption on his part. (that we know of)

The Times

Senator Judd Gregg of New Hampshire abruptly withdrew on Thursday as the nominee for commerce secretary, saying he had “irresolvable conflicts” with President Obama over his economic stimulus plan and a concern over what many fellow Republicans believe is the politicisation of the 2010 census.

Discussion on Obama and his highly suspicious moving of the census from the Commerce Dept to the White House -

This Thread

Perhaps Sen. Gregg saw the coming legal mess and decided it wasn't worth the headache -

GOP threatens Obama with legal action over moving the census

Republicans are calling it an unconstitutional abuse of power.

[edit on 2/13/2009 by FlyersFan]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Glad to see Senator Gregg decided to refuse this token offer. I know I wouldn't want to be at the center of Obama and Emanuel's manipulation and falsification of census data to push the Democratic Party's takeover of America by recognizing illegal aliens as full citizens. That's just gonna be one big mess!

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Republicans are calling it an unconstitutional abuse of power.

hah!! they are miffed they aint the ones doing it i bet!! GWB had a good run tho you have to admit with them silly pratirot acts and so forth.

i read this on huffington post

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Here's whats going on,

"Census numbers determine everything from government pay-outs to how many people represent each state in Congress. Past censuses have sparked fights over issues as varied as how to ensure remote population groups are counted accurately to how such terms as "poverty" are defined."

(from the news article aboput the GOP threatening to sue obama if he goes ahead with this)

Got to know for sure where those "bitter people clinging to their guns " are when it's time to start the roundup for "relocation".

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Already posted @ 13-2-2009 04:36 A.M

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I think breaking news and a regular discussion forum are allowed to have the same topic. But I'll check with the mods.

join