It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Share This With Your in-State Legislators

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I Think This Is A VERY Important Movement Going On At The State Level.

Lawmakers in 20 states move to reclaim sovereignty

The Tenth Amendment specifically provides, "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

The Ninth Amendment reads, "The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people."

The various sovereignty measures moving through state legislatures are designed to reassert state authority through a rollback of federal authority under the powers enumerated in the Constitution, with the states assuming the governance of the non-enumerated powers, as required by the Tenth Amendment.

So far, eight states have introduced resolutions declaring state sovereignty under the Ninth and Tenth Amendment to the Constitution, including Arizona, Hawaii, Montana, Michigan, Missouri, New Hampshire, Oklahoma and Washington.

Analysts expect that in addition, another 20 states may see similar measures introduced this year, including Alaska, Alabama, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Kansas, Nevada, Maine and Pennsylvania.
The State links are to their legislative bills.

Lawmakers in 20 states move to reclaim sovereignty

Bring Us Back To What Our Founders Envisioned.

I have already shared this with my State Legislators & Governor.

If Your State Is Not Already Doing Something Like This, Please Request That They Do.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
This Is BIG

It NEEDS To Be Discussed

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Based on what I've seen come out of Sacramento lately, I'm afraid to suggest this to Californian politicians. Everything they touch goes to _ _ _ _.

new topics

join