It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crop Circle Contest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
like a lot on this site , it comes down to what you believe. Personally , i think most crop circle's are 3 guys with boards , 4 if you count Jack Daniel"s. Be a great idea for someone to start a contest, Prize money awarded . Give a team 24 hrs , Best original, Detailed , Precise circle wins . Lets see what a motivated team can do. (All with a farmers permission of course.)

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Try to repost the link--I'm getting the "malformed ID" alert when I follow it to YouTube.

If the intention of a contest is to conclusively debunk the extraterrestrial angle of crop circle explanations, you'd have to succeed on several fronts--sending a few guys out to form a few circles won't do it. You'd need to make the formation overnight on the land of unsuspecting residents, within reasonable distance of being caught during the process, and form far more than a few simple circles. The most compelling crop circles on record are of an elaborate nature, formed seemingly overnight, well within view and earshot of the land owners. Most crop circles are relatively easily explained away as hoaxes; there are a few pesky formations that defy explanation, and it is these that you ought to focus on debunking.

Think you and your buddies are up to it?

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
You really don't have to destroy some farmer's crop to show that not all crop circles are made by aliens.

Welcome to the 'circlemakers' website. Within this site you will find a wealth of information by and about England's crop circlemakers. You'll be able to learn how to become a circlemaker using our easy to follow 'Beginners Guide'. Read about the history of circlemaking, 'hear' a circle being made and learn about some of the weird experiences the circlemakers have encountered whilst out making formations and gain some insight into 'why' this tight band of individuals spend their summers out in the fields of England flattening cereal crops in various intricate patterns! There's loads of stuff hear, so stop loitering and explore the site. Don't forget to send us your thoughts before you leave... see you in the fields.

These guys have also made some cool crop formations as PR-stunts:

In May 2005 Nike gave us a call and asked if we'd like to tour across Italy making crop circles as part of an advertising campaign for their new Nike Free trainers, how could we refuse! What we didn't realise was that we were going to end up being featured in 2 of the 4 adverts they created during our tour from the top to the bottom of the country making massive footprints in Milan, Rome and Foggia in the south.

Visit their website:
www.circlemakers.org...

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggystar60

I absolutely love that foot print, amazing, haha!
I'm definitely looking at this site now, neat stuff!!

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
The reality is, hoax circles are always trampled, poorly uniformed and show lots of angular irregularities such as flattened arcs in circles. They are smaller, less complicated then the real ones.

The real ones, are massive in scale, spanning football fields in length, with as much as hundreds of vectors. The effect of these circles impress a lazer-printer quality vs the dot-matrix quality of hoax circles.

Not to mention, the bending effect of the stalks, the very neatly places directions and lack of stock breakage as found in obvious hoaxes.

The real circles even offer up new geometrical mathematical theory which also implies a genius level of thought woven into the mathematical messaging which usually gets discovered after a mathematical savant recognizes the theory to begin with.

Some circles have had decipherable messages in binary form, conveying clear communication from the creator of the circle to us the observers. Again, requiring an intelligent person to decipher the binary code.

You can say hoaxers are doing it, but I have yet to see any proof that a hoaxer can replicate any of the large scale, massively detailed circles that have blessed the fields over the ages.

Here is a link to a massive circle, 800 Feet diameter.

And an obvious hoax...

Crop Circle Comparison

top topics

join