It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Call of Duty VI - Modern Warfare 2 coming this Christmas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   

During its fourth quarter financial conference call on Wednesday, Activision Blizzard revealed that Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is due out this holiday season. This is the project that Infinity Ward has been working on, and it sounds like a direct sequel to its 2007 blockbuster hit.

Last year's Call of Duty: World at War, which was developed by Treyarch, was one of the year's biggest selling games, and helped in Activision's better-than-expected profits in the fourth quarter. This is in sharp contrast to the losses reported by the company's competitors.

Source - IGN

Good news.

I've been playing COD4 competitively since it came out, and the community is getting stale.

There are little to no good custom map makers for COD4, and the official maps are getting old real quick.

Looking forward to the same great Single Player content that made you feel like you were in a movie, and looking forward to some great Multiplayer maps and weapons.

Oh and please no more horrid perks.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
oooooooooohhhh yeeeaaaaaaaaaaah.... cod 5 just isnt doing it for me.

the single player of cod 4 was second to none. you said it best when your said its like playing a movie.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Can't wait... COD5 sucked...i didn't even bother buying it... a mate did but it's lame.

COD4 is possibly the best game I've ever played, can't wait for this

JbT

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Im stoked on this game too.

Ill be building a new rig just for this new generation (Diabolo3, Starcraft, CoD, Star Trek online [maybe]) of games coming down the line. Ive got my dual monitors already!

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by JbT

Yeah I just upgraded so I could get GTA4 and Farcry 2 to work, so I might grab a 2nd video card to go SLI and then I'm set for these new games

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Any more details on COD6?

Screenshots?
Trailer?

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Not as yet.

There are a few game expos coming up though, and Activision is being represented at them all so they will probably reveal trailers and game footage at their booths.

It always finds its way then onto the net, so if any does appear ill keep you posted.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

same here, i hate using ww2 guns
cant wait for this

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

i know man....why go back?

They already did 3 WWII games...

And then modern warfare, and that probably outsold all previous games!!
They're crazy i think

I can't wait til xmas now

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I don't play much Call of Duty, sadly...... Well, I'd better stop mourning and get to Game Stop right now! I can't wait to start blasting people with those full-autos!

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
First trailer is out.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by fooffstarr

Nice, that truly was a teaser alright...

It worked though because I just went and played COD4 for a bit

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Damn, they really better have the MP7 in this next one. And a better selection of weapons. Ak-74 is not a SMG!!

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
What really bothered me about COD4 is the limited amount of downloadable content. It needed more maps, weapons, vehicles, etc. I hope they support COD VI better than CODIV.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by on_yur_6

I hear yah.

COD 4 MP was my main passtime for a few months after it came out but the combination of idiot players and the same maps over and over led to it's uninstall.

new topics

top topics

join