It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Film emerges of 'baffling' UFO flight above resort

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Film emerges of 'baffling' UFO flight above resort

www.independent.co.uk

Video footage emerged today of "cylinder-shaped object" that stunned holidaymakers as it hovered over the coast above a seaside resort.

The UFO was seen floating above a caravan park at Brean, near Burnham-On-Sea in Somerset last summer.

A two-minute video clip taken by an onlooker shows the cigar-shaped craft moving high above telegraph poles and the stationary vans.

The shaky film, shot at a lunchtime and in clear blue skies last July, is proving a hit on YouTube.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
[url=http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/4591148/UFO-filmed-above-Somerset-coastline-by-holidaymakers.html]www.telegraph.co.uk[/ url]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Pretty interesting stuff, especially the fact that the two sites I have found covering it, The Independent and The Telegraph are broadsheet papers, quite respectable, odd that they would cover this story.

What do you think of the footage? I think it's really good, quite clear in parts.

www.independent.co.uk...

www.telegraph.co.uk...

www.independent.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 11/2/2009 by RubberBaron]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Solar balloons.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by BorgHoffen

Well, it's not proven it's a solar balloon, and UFO's that shape have been reported for years. I don't consider it debunked, it's still unidentified to me.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Honestly, this is one of those "Too Good To be True" videos. It almost resembles those Programs which create extremely realistic looking CGI. I will look at this a little more in-depth later on, and let you know what I think.

BTW, Nice Avatar "RubberBaron", it looks like the SETI@home Program, am I correct?

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I agree - solar balloon :

www.anti-gravity.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Solar balloons? For one thing it is a VERY rigid object, and the video you posted a link to is not. Second, if you pay attention to the video the object rotates at a high rate of speed and abruptly stops at a 90 degree angle. And third, for as far away as the object is their pretty good detail to show that it is one solid object, not balls connected together. And lastly, for anyone thinking it's cgi there's no way. Look at the way the camera strains to focus on the object, along with lens flare. I can honestly say that I have never seen anything like this object, and we have all seen alot of fake stuff out there.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Disclaimer: I'm a theist but not of the Abrahamic faiths. I have minor biblical scholar and scriptural skills. Also I am not a scientific/legal or medical expert in any field. Beware of my Contagious Memes! & watch out that you don't get cut on my Occams razor.All of this is my personal conjecture and should not be considered the absolute or most definitive state of things as they really are. Use this information at your own risk! I accept no liability if your ideology comes crashing down around you with accompanying consequences!

Explanation: Very Nice! Starred and Flagged!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9bccd0366f0b.jpg[/atsimg]

Personal Disclosure: In using Occams razor I would posit a blimp [yes a hardshell or rigid blimp!] way before leaping to the spurious side of logic and start questioning whether its terrestrial in nature or not. We throw a whole heap of various stuff up into the sky every day and not all of it comes straight back down in any great hurry.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Is this not it here.....

You can buy one yourself

Science Museum Solar Airship

Mikey

[edit on 13/6/2009 by Mikey84]

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
i thought solar balloon too,,, but

it does look awful rigid,,,,, usually solar ballons are lose and floppy because the bags are weak,,, they bend, flex, fold in half

maybe it a balloon type thing,,,, they have those little long skinny ballons for kids,,,,maybe this is a bigger one,,,,,, i would think something like that would have the rigidness that this displays

maybe even an inflatable advertising co. is making these,,,,, there are tons of outdoor, inflatable advertising nowadays

so this, to me,, is a big cylindrical ballooon possibly filled with helium,,,,not solar

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mikey84
Is this not it here.....

You can buy one yourself

Mikey

bingo,, you nailed it,,,,,,,

the homemade ones,,, taping bags together and such are so weak and "crappy"

this "quality" one piece balloon is exactly what i was thinking,,,, this will hold it's shape consistently and looks tight,,,, not like the homemade jobbies

i think you have solved this mystery,,good sir,,, thanks

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
How can you claim it to be a very rigid object?

Was this not proven to be a trash bag tube?

Example.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Yeah I already saw that video yesterday and it was debunked as a solar balloon, no doubt about it.

Look, I definitely believe in ufos and have seen some great videos before, but this one does not display anything out of the ordinary. No super fast maneuvering or anything characteristic of an unexplainable object.

The only thing good about the video is that its clear, and it has also (unsurprisingly) received a bit of media coverage. IMO, the tabloids and other sources just use crap vids like this to show how ufos can be explained with prosaic explanations. Truth of the matter is I havent seen them explain the really good videos, the really good cases, and so on.

Regards,

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by sirdumpsalot
Solar balloons? For one thing it is a VERY rigid object, and the video you posted a link to is not. Second, if you pay attention to the video the object rotates at a high rate of speed and abruptly stops at a 90 degree angle. And third, for as far away as the object is their pretty good detail to show that it is one solid object, not balls connected together. And lastly, for anyone thinking it's cgi there's no way. Look at the way the camera strains to focus on the object, along with lens flare. I can honestly say that I have never seen anything like this object, and we have all seen alot of fake stuff out there.

You obviously dont know what a solar balloon is do you? We used to make these as a kid it all depends on what you use to make it only requirement is it be black or dark to absorb heat.Trash can liners usually worked the best but in the end could almost use any plastic.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
60 ft. Solar Tube Balloon

$16.95, for ages 8 and up.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mikey84
Is this not it here.....

You can buy one yourself

Mikey

Yep... this should officially be called a hoax....

MODS?

CX

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I'd say solar balloon too...i was going to buy the kids one the other day, i think it's about £14 for a 20ft one in Hawkin's Bazzare here in the UK.

The guy behind the shop counter said there was a bit of a surge in their purchase. Might explain a few things.

Makes me laugh how it says you can't see kite strings, kites wouldn't fly that high on the strings that comne with them, and you wouldn't see the string anyway if it was that high.

CX.

new topics

top topics

join