It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is 1650 year period between creation and flood connected to natural climate change?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I've recenly come across information regarding the currrent climate change being attributed to a natural cycle of approximately 1,650 years. I always felt global warming could be part of a long term climate cycle. It seems scientists are starting to accept this theory as well. However, i'm not in direct opposition to the Green Movement by any means. I just believe the main culprit for global warming is actually this long term cycle. Now the reason for this thread is to get your thoughts on a connection I've made between this new calculation scientist have come up with and the period of time between Adam(creation of man) and the flood, which has been described as being app. 1650 years. Is this a coincidence or is there more to these similar periods of time. My thinking is man was placed on this planet with specific timing, directly between the periods of dramatic climate change. To me at least, this would explain how the major flood occured(ancient global warming). The puzzling thing to me is why the Bible would specifically say "When I bring clouds over the earth and the bow is seen in the clouds, I will remember My covenant which is between Me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and the waters shall never again become a flood to destroy all flesh." (Genesis 9:9-15 RSV). Maybe it's because, with mankind being so many and widely spread in modern times it's no longer possible to destroy ALL of mankind by flood. I can only speculate, but I thought it was interesting enough to throw it out there and see what ya'll think.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Buddy420

Posting links could support your post greatly. Do you have any?

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
One of the sources for the calculations regarding the climate change cycle:

scienceandpublicpolicy.org...

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Are you stating that the flood happened roughly 1650 years ago (giving a date of around 500 AD)?

First, I would ask you to ponder the idea of all people coming from one man and one woman. Does this make any sense? Would you marry and procreate with your sibling? The answer, of course, is no. The reason would lie in the severe retardation and deformity that would result from generations of inbreeding.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
There are many theological scholars in agreement on the dating between the creation of Adam and the flood being around 1650 years.

Here's one source:

www.gty.org...

You can use a combination of some of these search terms( 1650 years Adam creation flood ) and you can see many other sites pertaining to this dating in the biblical timelines.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by yadda333

I don't take most of the stories in the bible literally. I'm only pointing to the timeline's given for the supposed creation of man and his first downfall. Personally I believe the god's in the O.T. we're a suffiently advanced race of hominoids to be percieved as god's, but that is a little off the topic I've presented.

[edit on 11-2-2009 by Buddy420]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by yadda333

Are you stating that the flood happened roughly 1650 years ago (giving a date of around 500 AD)?

No, I'm only referring to the time in between the events not the date on which they occured.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Buddy420
I've recenly come across information regarding the currrent climate change being attributed to a natural cycle of approximately 1,650 years.

I don't think that this calculation is accurate. You might want to check Wikipedia on the topic of climate cycles... there are many of them and many with much longer periods than that.

Now the reason for this thread is to get your thoughts on a connection I've made between this new calculation scientist have come up with and the period of time between Adam(creation of man) and the flood, which has been described as being app. 1650 years. Is this a coincidence or is there more to these similar periods of time.

Coincidence. There is no evidence of the global flood. Although the Biblical generations start about 4,000 BC, writing goes back a bit further than that, and civilizations have been writing and recording their own history since then. They continued writing through 2500 BC (the time period of the supposed flood) and beyond with no sudden and drastic change in their language (they were all writing different languages back 6,000+ years ago) and no one wrote about a flood that left only a few people alive and about how they had many hard years with few animals and fewer people.

In fact, during that time period, the ancient Egyptians were busy building huge temple complexes and the great Giza pyramids.

The puzzling thing to me is why the Bible would specifically say "When I bring clouds over the earth and the bow is seen in the clouds, I will remember My covenant which is between Me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and the waters shall never again become a flood to destroy all flesh." (Genesis 9:9-15 RSV).

It's a religious story... like the story of Coyote creating the pattern of stars in the heavens by shaking out his blanket or the story of a valley being created when Thor quickly put a mountain between him and a giant he was battling.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

I agree the flood was not as catastrophic as described in the biblical version. It's more likely that it was a reoccuring global event which destroyed many civilizations living near the coasts or near large rivers, which is exactly what is projected to occur in our near future.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
the sources i trust say that the tradition of the Hebrew Patriarchs
from Adam to Noah is 1659 years...
but the Chaldeans & the Samaratin & the Babylonian line of kings
have the same time period 1,304 yrs/ 2,242yrs/12,220yrs

the Hebrew tradition was all oral, no writing, at the time of the first
8-9 Patriarchs..iow the dating was prehistory...
however the Babylonians had writing and thus timekeeping standards
before the Hebrews...so by all rights the Babylonian list of Kings
and their eras of reign would be more substantial than the hearsay
timeline of the Hebrews who relied on tales/stories/songs/early psalms
to carry on a historical record (in No Way reliable.)

Perhaps the ancient Hebrews had been influenced by the mystical-pagan Chaldeans and incorporated a ~1650yr cycle in a code form (the line of Patriarchs) ~~perhaps a delving into the mystical Kabbalah would reveal some insight into this seeming odd ~1650yr period & just why it lasted that long.

the URL i list for you look at:
www.piney.com...

goes on to theorize that the age of 'long lived' Patriarchs
(10 each for 1,659 yrs) was because they lived in a time of
innocence & happiness.
After which men were permitted to only live 3 score & 10 yrs (70)
but i counter that this period of innocence/happiness which cause men to live long lives

Was also marred with the moral & spiritual decay of men, such that the world & all fresh was judged to perish by the flood.
Hey Bible people, Catholic theologians too you can not have it both ways at the same time...

an idyllic world of peace/happiness & wellbeing that causes long lives...
is in direct contradiction to the fall & moral decay of mankind
that warrented the genocidal 'flood'...

yawn, see you tommorrow

[edit on 11-2-2009 by St Udio]

new topics

top topics

join