It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dissent? Prepare To Be Discredited

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Are our governments too powerful? I'm thinking of the UK and USA here and i see the same problems with both.

Imagine now you have some embarrassing information about the government, something against the intelligence services or in the UK something against the monarchy. If this happens then the government can easily destroy your life, here are the easy paths they can take.

1. Discredit you.

They can make you appear guilty. Who would the public believe if drugs are found in your house and you are raided? Would they believe you or the police? What if paedophilic materials were found on your computer, would the public believe that you were framed or that the police simply found you? This is the power of the government, if they want to discredit you then they can very easily do so. They have access to technologies that we cannot defend against.

2. Kill you

The governments of the USA and UK have studied poisons quite a lot. I can simply point to the experiments at porton-down in the UK. Who knows what they have discovered, silent toxins that kill and are metabolized before autopsy are perfectly possible. I'm sure these people are well versed in staging suicides and may have medical examiners on the payroll. If you think that is paranoid and stupid then i suggest you read into the official history of the intelligence services. Both governments have employed some high up people, manipulated entire populaces and of course there is the whole David Kelly scandal.

3. Blackmail you

This actually just goes with the above comments. If they can frame you then they can blackmail you and use you. This is even worse than being discredited because you become little more than a voice for any view they wish to push.

The government has the power over the police in the important areas. They have control over the intelligence services who will do what the government want, they have influence in financial institutions which reciprocate with favours.

Ladies and gentlemen of ATS. Have the governments of the UK and USA become to powerful? It seems that the people are afraid of the government when a true democracy or republic should be the other way around. The government must always be afraid of it's people otherwise they can simply treat the people as they wish. The people still have the power of course, if they all revolted tomorrow then the government would be overwhelmed. Sadly most people are either unaware, unwilling or scared.

Doesn't that say a lot, that the people are scared of what the government can do to them? Most people simply fear an audit of their finances. Often they have done nothing wrong but tax codes are so complex it is easy to get something wrong. Most people don't want that trouble.

Ruling by fear, coercion and intimidation really seems to be the order of the day. We cannot dissent unless we are willing to be destroyed, ridiculed, laughed at. If we do dissent then our voices will be drowned out by their attacks.

So what should we do?

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
What can we do? We can reclaim the government FOR the people, BY the people.
I am trying to start a movement for that here:
newusgovernment.webs.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
The Bible has the answer . . .

It has many stories of people who were falsely persecuted, tortured, criminalized, and even put to death.

Hold on to what you know is the truth. It will set you free. You must press on, for you do not know what tomorrow will bring.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
you mean they might do you in the way they did Dr. David Kelly in.

the governments have no problem neutralizing high profile individuals, joe soaps like most of us don't stand a chance if the government decide they want to quiet us down.

new topics

top topics

join