It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Jesus & Christianity set up by Aliens-formerly hidden proof-but why?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
As anti-Semitism makes a dramatic comeback in Europe one is painfully reminded of the thousands of years of tragic persecution that Jews suffered on that continent for their unfairly perceived role in rejecting Jesus. I always found this odd. If it was Gods will that both Christianity should spread throughout the world and that Jesus should die on the cross for mankind's sins why should the Jewish people be persecuted for merely playing a role in this plan?

A new reading of the Bible and substantial evidence seems to indicate that even if this wasn't God's plan per se the role of the Jews in this saga was not of their making.

An old Jewish historic book, ‘Otzar Yisrael’ or ‘The Jewel of Israel’ tells the ancient story of how after the death of Jesus the Pharisees and Priests were concerned about his growing influence amongst the Jewish people. It is not widely known but large segments of the Jewish population came to believe that Jesus was indeed the messiah.
The Rabbis and Priests called a meeting to discuss the issue but failed to come up with any idea’s they could agree on. Rabbi Paul or Saul was present at that meeting. On the coming Day of Atonement when the High Priest entered the Holy of Holies he saw sparks emanating from the Cherubim and a voice from the Ark of the Covenant instructed him of what to do about the issue:
One of the leading Pharisees was to claim to have a vision whereby Jesus would appear to him and convince him to become a follower. The Rabbi was then to convert to Christianity and rise to its leadership. He would then renounce the special covenant with the Jews, and introduce practices that Jews would find unappealing, namely the rejection of the circumcision rite and permitting eating of pig. Jewish followers of Jesus would react to this heresy by leaving the church.
The Pharisees were to draw lots as to who would be the one to execute the plan. Saul the most outspoken anti-Christian was chosen. He protested and tore his clothes but eventually agreed.
The plan worked. Paul is said to have written a prayer before he died called ‘The soul of every living creature’: Still recited by Jews every Sabbath, this prayer starts with a strong pronouncement of the absolute unity and singularity of God.
source: www.--.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
......the idea being that the ark of the covenant was a communication device to Aliens-do you believe this?

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I don't beleive the ark of the covenant was even available at that time. It disappeared before Nebuchadnezzar sacked the temple of Solomon in 587 BC. So at least part of that story doesn't seem to ring true with history.

Peace

[edit on 9-2-2009 by pale59]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by pale59

I think you are right. I think the Egyptians made off with the Ark of the Covenant and it seems to get lost from that point in time. While the Egyptians had no qualms about destroying the Ark they generally kept such things intact. My thought is, and this is just opinion, that if the Ark was made out of that much gold, someone would have melted it down quickly for their own use.

Interesting thought about Saul/Paul though.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by stewartw2

Background on the author of the noted book suggests the author probably would have followed the teachings of the Jewish Talmud.

The Jewish Talmud is very, very disrespectful toward Jesus, and Mary, his mother, I won't quote here, but do a search Jesus, Talmud if you want to see exactly what it says.

Even if the book does actually relate a Jewish folk story passed down through generations, I don't believe the story is true, for two reasons.

First, what better way to get back at someone you felt was disloyal, than to accuse them of being a spy who was just pretending to be converted to Christ.

I believe Paul was a genuine follower of Jesus, because of all the many years he went through hardship for the sake of Jesus, and he spent time in prison and ultimately was crucified for his belief in Jesus.

At the end of the book of Matthew it states that Pilate set soldiers to guard the tomb Jesus was laid in, at the request of the Jewish leaders, who thought Jesus's followers might steal the body.

According to the text, the soldiers were witness to events that made them pass out, and when the Jewish leaders heard their stories, they decided to bribe them to say Jesus's followers did steal the bodies. Matthew states that the story that the disciples stole the body was a tale that still was going around.

History supports this story because some works by Josephus who was an historian of the day, did mention Jesus in such a way as to make it sound as if he did believe Jesus was at least a wise man, mentioning the many wonderful things he did.

A lot of the information contained in this article was questionable at best, and at worst it was totally unbelievable. I think the author had an agenda he was trying to accomplish, knowing a lot of people would just take at face value.

Also, the site where this article was located, and the other articles, just confirmed my impression.

top topics

join