It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Nelson Mandela an Anti-Semite Now?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Dear Thomas,

I know that you and I long for peace in the Middle East, but before you continue to talk about necessary conditions from an Israeli perspective, you need to know what’s on my mind. Where to begin? How about 1964.Let me quote my own words during my trial. They are true today as they were then: “I have fought against white domination and I have fought against black domination. I have cherished the ideal of a democratic and free society in which all persons live together in harmony and with equal opportunities. It is an ideal which I hope to live for and to achieve. But if needs be, it is an ideal for which I am prepared to die.”

Today the world, black and white, recognize that Apartheid has no future. In South Africa it has been ended by our own decisive mass action in order to build peace and security. That mass campaign of defiance and other actions could only culminate in the establishment of Democracy.

Perhaps it is strange for you to observe the situation in Palestine or more specifically, the structure of political and cultural relationships between Palestinians and Israelis, as an Apartheid system. This is because you incorrectly think that the problem of Palestine began in 1967. This was demonstrated in your recent column “Bush’s First Memo” in the New York Times on March 27, 2001...

www.jeffersoncorner.com...

This is letter from Nelson Mandela to Thomas Friedman of the Jefferson Corner. In this letter, Nelson Mandela outlines the similarities between Apartheid South Africa and Israel. Because of this letter, the term apartheid Israel gained credence and is an accepted description of Israel policies.

The term 'apartheid Israel' does not constitute hate speech since it does not refer to a race, religion or to citizens of a country but to deliberate policies of oppression.

new topics

join