It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

sunspots/solar flares - Where Are They??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
hi there,

sun spots as we know are part of an 11yr cycle which is due to peak in 2012.

these sun spots, in turn increase solar flares around them which has lots of scientists and others very frightened about 2012.

but where are they now????!! with only 3yrs until this massive peak, there are literally none or very very few sun spots at all!!! this can not be normal. by this stage in the cycle you would surely expect these sun spots to be popping up regularly and causing solare flare activity.

are they happining and we are not being informed or is something happing with our sun ????

being a CB radio user in the past, these sun spots and the 11yr cycle was an important thing for "skip" talk, and we always saw an icrease of skip during the 11yr cycle.

by this year in the cycle things would be hotting up for sure and sun spots would be very regular!!

explanation of "skip" from wikipedia - "Shooting skip
During periods of peak sunspot activity and Summer sporadic electron propagation, even low-powered 27-MHz-transmitters can sometimes be heard for hundreds or even thousands of miles. This "skip" activity, in which signals refract (bounce) off the ionosphere, contributes to interference on CB frequencies. Working "skip" is illegal in the United States, since it contradicts the short-range intended use of the service, though the regulation is widely ignored.

All frequencies in the HF spectrum (3–30 MHz) are able to be refracted by the existence of highly charged electrons in the ionosphere. This refraction of signals off the ionosphere is called skywave propagation or "shooting skip". With the ability to shoot skip, CBers have been able to communicate across thousands of miles, sometimes around the world through making initial contact on the internationally recognized calling frequency which is 27.555 MHz, then moving to another frequency with the contact. The ability of the ionosphere to refract signals back to earth is caused by radiation from the sun and the amount of ionization possible is related to the 11-year sunspot cycle. In times of high sunspot activity the band can remain "open" to much of the world for long periods of time. In years of low sunspot activity it may not be possible to shoot skip at all, except during sporadic-e season from late Spring through mid-Summer."

back to the point, does anyone have any ideas on this, are websites on space weather and sunspots not telling the real truth???

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 8 Feb 09 by Gools]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
You might enjoy this.
www.youtube.com...
Also have a look in to the suns "heliosphere"
Oh and good job in pointing this out. I don't think people are paying nearly enough attention to this. There is Lots of information on this, and nobody seems to be giving it the attention it demands.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   

That is weird.
Look at this, too.
www.swpc.noaa.gov...

Highlights of Solar and Geomagnetic Activity
26 January - 01 February 2009

Solar activity was very low. No significant flare activity was
observed. The visible disk was spotless during the period.

No proton events were observed at geosynchronous orbit.

The greater than 2 MeV electron flux at geosynchronous orbit was at
normal levels.

Geomagnetic field activity was at mostly quiet levels during the
period. Isolated active to major storm periods were observed at
high latitudes midday on 26 January. This activity was due to a
sustained period of southward IMF Bz in association with a recurrent
coronal hole high speed stream. A weak, 9 nT sudden impulse was
detected at Boulder at 30/2156 UTC. During the summary period, ACE
solar wind velocities ranged from a low of 327 km/sec at 26/1311 UTC
to a high of 527 km/sec at 31/2334 UTC. The Bz component of the IMF
ranged primarily between -5 nT to +6 nT for the majority of the
period. However, at the beginning of the period, Bz varied between
-10 nT to +8 nT.

It seems like it's just really low activity, and there's a little bit. I suppose the lapse isn't concerning astronomers or else there would be a special message. Or not.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
thanks for the youtube link. very interesting. he seems like a really clever guy. will have to look into his work!!

there was a good response to this clip

"The galactic center is continuously emitting gamma rays along the galactic equator, Google search "3.5 trillion electron volts". The earth passes through the galactic equator every 13,000 years, see precession of equinox. The Super Wave theory fits the last time our planet aligned with the galactic equator some 13,000 years ago. The Mayans said on each alignment a fiery dragon breaths fire on the earth. Did they mean gamma rays? Will gamma rays cause the next change in consciousness"

interesting!!!

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I'm not an expert by far lol. I'm just going by some random bits of knowledge but i'm pretty sure we are in a solar minimum right now so you wont see a lot of sunspots until...later this year? Like I said i'm no expert

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
if the solar cycle is at its peak in 2012 then we are 9yrs up the scale at the moment. surely solar level should be high???

its like filling up a 12litre jug and being at 9ltrs.????

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Wethesheeple

I think the point of the OP is that, by this point in the 11 year cycle, we should be seeing a LOT more activity than we are.

I know that the last time we had low sunspot activity like this we had what is called the Maunder Minimum - which in turn caused the mini-ice age.

Given that "global warming" doesn't seem to be continuing as forecasted, and in fact things seem to be cooling down, I guess it is no surprise.

Anyway, I have been keeping a peek at the sun's activity, and agree that this is highly unusual given the point in the cycle we are at.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

Well what I was saying in my post is that we arent in the new cycle yet. Like I said I don't know how a lot about this kind of stuff but heres a link. Link

We should start to see an increase this year according to the website.

BTW interesting read so far thanks for emailing me the book.

[edit on 5-2-2009 by Wethesheeple]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
maybe i am wrong here. so 2001 was the last high, that means 2006/2007 was the bottom, but by 2012 we should reach a new peak.

so things would have to pick up a lot in a short period of time between now and 2012?

[edit on 5-2-2009 by grantbeed]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Last year was the Solar Minimum of the cycle. It was the blankest year ever recorded in the space age. As of September 2008, there were 200 days with no sunspots, and it was a 50 year low. There has also been a slight but noticeable dimming in the sun's luminescence level. Interestingly, there is also a drop in the solar wind levels to a 50 year low.

Scientists are saying that 2008 has nothing on previous years prior to the space age however. In the late 19th and early 20th century, the solar minimums would routinely get up to 200-300 blank days a year.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   

"The Mayans said on each alignment a fiery dragon breaths fire on the earth. Did they mean gamma rays? Will gamma rays cause the next change in consciousness"

This is indeed exactly what I've been trying to point out. I've posted numerous times about this very issue, and most often I receive nothing but opposition.

The fiery dragon from heaven, the great serpent that devours man, and the war in heaven with the dragon. These are all linked to this 13,000 year event.

Forget all the hoopla about consciousness change. This will be a MAJOR catastrophe. Many people will die because of this. I cannot, absolutely cannot, stress this enough.

MAINTAIN HUMANITY UNDER 500,000,000 IN PERPETUAL BALANCE WITH NATURE

This is the first guide on the Georgia Guidestones. Many people believe this is a NWO plot to reduce global population. This is NOT the case. People only believe such nonsense because they have not done the research. This event, the fire breathing dragon from above, the second coming of Quetzalcoatl, will be the reducing factor! Why are there so many languages on the guidestones? Because this will be the rosetta stone to those that survive this unfortunate catastrophe.

Do not think you have been warned. Nature WILL be renewed whole by fire. Only those with the ears to hear, and the eyes to see will be saved. There is only one space where life will be saved when this event takes place. Do you know the legends of the Hopi?

Way back in the distant past, the ancestors of humans were living down below in a world under the earth. They weren't humans yet, they lived in darkness, behaving like bugs.

Now, there was a Great Spirit watching over everything; some people say he was the sun. He saw how things were down under the earth, so he sent his messenger, Spider Old Woman, to talk to them. She said, "You creatures, the Sun Spirit doesn't want you living like this. He is going to transform you into something better, and I will lead you to another world."

When they came out on the surface of the earth, that's when they became humans. In the journeys that followed, they were looking for a place of harmony where they could follow good teachings and a good way of life. [as told by Albert Yava]

The legends are all there, and the information is in front of your eyes. A closed mind is one without truth, and one unable to see and comprehend truth. Forgive me for being bombastic, but these times call for such measures.

[edit on 5-2-2009 by Aleilius]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Wethesheeple

You may be right. Well... We'll see what progresses.

As for my book... You're most welcome. I added the link to my discussion of it in my sig. If you want to review it or comment, please feel free to do so there.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aleilius
The legends are all there, and the information is in front of your eyes. A closed mind is one without truth, and one unable to see and comprehend truth. Forgive me for being bombastic, but these times call for such measures.

So... You're saying that the only safe place is underground? If so, what becomes of us who have no money to get underground. We die, I guess...

Sucks to be us, then.

No hope? No alternative? My beautiful daughter will die too?

Wow, I could choose to depress about this.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

Actually 2008 was the low. 2012 should be the next high.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Sorry, I'm afraid this is the only way to survive these events. The elites & governments of the world all have underground bases. They will be fine, but the public at large will be in great danger.

Please forgive me, but you are your own salvation here. Understanding, knowledge, and proper action will save you from these events. Not divine intervention or the work of humans. These are cosmic events that cannot be prevented. The wheels & cogs of destiny are always in motion.

A few years ago, a Native American who goes by the name "Red Elk" mentioned that at a certain time, he will lead a group into the caves of Inner Earth. This is a clue! There are clues all over, but it requires much patience to decipher these mysteries.

Understand my words, and do not twist them out of proportion. I speak truth, but those that do not comprehend my words see them as shadow & darkness. I am not seeking attention nor trying to sell a product. I have a message to deliver, and thus I will.

When the time comes I will release more information on this subject. In the meanwhile, do not mistake my inability to be forthcoming as a sign of intellectual weakness or any other such nonsense. These mysteries have only been known to the wise.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aleilius

Sorry, I'm afraid this is the only way to survive these events. The elites & governments of the world all have underground bases. They will be fine, but the public at large will be in great danger.

I see... From what you say, I might take it that unless one is underground, one is SOL really. "Great danger" doesn't cover it. "Dead" would be a better choice, n'est pas?

Please forgive me, but you are your own salvation here. Understanding, knowledge, and proper action will save you from these events. Not divine intervention or the work of humans. These are cosmic events that cannot be prevented. The wheels & cogs of destiny are always in motion.

Sounds fair. But having no immediate access to caves, or money for supplies even, I guess I am screwed. (Never looked for "divine intervention" or such, anyway.)

A few years ago, a Native American who goes by the name "Red Elk" mentioned that at a certain time, he will lead a group into the caves of Inner Earth. This is a clue! There are clues all over, but it requires much patience to decipher these mysteries.

Well... I would love to go - or at least have a place for my daughter. But unless I meet the right person, I guess that is not likely.

Understand my words, and do not twist them out of proportion. I speak truth, but those that do not comprehend my words see them as shadow & darkness. I am not seeking attention nor trying to sell a product. I have a message to deliver, and thus I will.

I understand this. Of course, for those of us who have no recourse, the message seems of little use.

When the time comes I will release more information on this subject. In the meanwhile, do not mistake my inability to be forthcoming as a sign of intellectual weakness or any other such nonsense. These mysteries have only been known to the wise.

I will await further information in the hopes that ideas for us "little people" who have nothing will be offered.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   

I see... From what you say, I might take it that unless one is underground, one is SOL really. "Great danger" doesn't cover it. "Dead" would be a better choice, n'est pas?

It is never easy to be a messenger of doom, and thus I must choose my words carefully.

A fellow alchemist & a wise philosopher, one who knows more on this subject than I do, mentioned the heat generated might be intense enough to melt the top layer of soil/dirt/sand/earth into glass. This is why it's so very important to move underground.

Any cave will not do. During a certain stage, vast amounts of water will cover the earth. This is due to the melting of the ice caps. Thus it will be necessary to seek salvation inside places of high altitude (mountains), or caves far inland away from the coast.

Sounds fair. But having no immediate access to caves, or money for supplies even, I guess I am screwed. (Never looked for "divine intervention" or such, anyway.)

An escalation will take place, and this will alert many people to the coming danger. There should be enough time to act accordingly, and seek shelter. However, survival will be quite difficult, and this I do not say with ease.

I understand this. Of course, for those of us who have no recourse, the message seems of little use.

There is still time to prepare, but I must stress the time is almost nigh. Great signs will be seen in the sky, and these shall alert the masses. Once this occurs, action must be taken quite quickly.

Matthew 24

24:2 And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

24:3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

Revelation 6

6:12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;

6:13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.

6:14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.

6:15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;

6:16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:

6:17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

Sorry, I do not want to hijack this thread. Please excuse me for going off on a tangent.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleilius

Were you asked to pass this message on or was it something you felt compelled to do ?

[edit on 6-2-2009 by destiny-fate]

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I was just reading anciet Roman mythology about Jupiter and Saturn, the most important gods they had. Jupiter was "god of sky and thunder" and Saturn was "god of agriculture and harvest".

Lately it has been speculated and there is also evidence that planets Jupiter and Saturn heavily affect the solar cycles. Not always but when they are in specific locations sun can go spotless for long times. Like what happened in Maunder and Dalton minimums.

Maybe the ancients did have a knowledge that those planets can affect the sun and ultimately conditions on earth?

top topics

join