It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ka-in and the 10 Lost Tribes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Recently I have taken a deep liking to anthropology as well as archaeology. Though admittedly a rookie in more than many regards I have come across a book that refers to the ancient Sumerian tablets as translated by a man named Stichen (sp?). I'm unsure what the people here think of his work but in his translations he mentions a human named Ka-In (which he notes is the same character known as Kain or Cain in the Bible, and seemingly his comparison is justifiable (if his translation is accurate)). I am not sure if the theory I am about to unfold (though more then likely not unheard of to many on this site) has its source starting with Stichen's theory but it has been suggested by Stichen and notable others that Native Americans may in fact be the descendants of Cain who were banished, though given a mark as to not be harmed. The mark is suppose to be bore by the descendants so contrary to a tattoo usually described it would seem to be more of a genetic trait. The inability to bear facial hair being the alleged suspect. Roughly around the time Cain is banished to the time Native culture of the America's begins to rise seems to coincide. If I recall, specifically being South America. There is more information pointing to this but it is getting late. What's also notable is my culture has legends of us leaving one continent and coming to the America's by boat. Hence being a part of the Lost 10 Tribes of Israel.

How do the people here tend to receive Stichen's work? What do you think about the ancient Sumerian texts, especially in regard to this?

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Hmm, no thoughts on the 10 Lost Tribes - Native American connection? This is something I've become very interested in. Oh well.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
read up on the writings of Herbert W. Armstrong,
he was a primary founder of a 'WorldWide-Church-of-God'

in my fuzzy memory, he spoke of the Native 'Americans' as having
witnessed the Jesus person after the crucifixtion, with the person traveling among all the Nations & speaking of a 'Gospel'='good news'

i think Stitchen went on to develop a concise reading of Ancient Sumerian Text...& he focused on the Lore of Giants & Fallen Angels over in ancient Babylon/Sumer/Akkadia/Chaldea ... & the Niburu (planet X) tales of Yore

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

I think the person you are referring to that's being compared to Jesus is Quatzelcoatl (sp?). He was supposedly Thoth who had come to South America. The way he dressed resembled Jesus so there has been speculations that he may have been Jesus.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
you should also read the books by drunvalo melchizedek. especially the ancient secret of the flower of life volues 1 and 2 and his latest book, the serepent of life.

he talks of the sumerians in great detail and where we humans actually came from. sitchin is also mentioned in his books and they agree to an extent although drunvalo suggests sitchins timin g with some event is out quite a way.

Drunvalo claims to have been a native american in his past life by the way, and whats amazing is that he remembers every day of it!!

[edit on 6-2-2009 by grantbeed]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

Should make some interesting research for tonight

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I would like to point out at this time though as well, that from the amount of DNA tests taken there is no apparent connection relating Native Americans to Israeli descent.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by NativeAmerican
Recently I have taken a deep liking to anthropology as well as archaeology. Though admittedly a rookie in more than many regards I have come across a book that refers to the ancient Sumerian tablets as translated by a man named Stichen (sp?). I'm unsure what the people here think of his work but in his translations

Really wrong, and really bad.

For more details (I can go into greater depth) check out www.sitchiniswrong.com... which goes into many of the details. I can read some (very little) cuneiform script; enough to know that Sitchin is wrong.

This page has the specifics:
www.sitchiniswrong.com...

He just goes over one book. The reworking of the Enamma Elish is even ...worse. He has a habit of showing you part of the evidence only -- he doesn't (for example) show you all of Palanque's tomb when he talks about ancient astronauts or translates the text that is on and around that picture because the text (written by the folk who made the crypt) contradicts him.

he mentions a human named Ka-In (which he notes is the same character known as Kain or Cain in the Bible, and seemingly his comparison is justifiable (if his translation is accurate)).

I'm sorry. He's a journalist and not a scholar, and it isn't justifiable.

I am not sure if the theory I am about to unfold (though more then likely not unheard of to many on this site) has its source starting with Stichen's theory but it has been suggested by Stichen and notable others that Native Americans may in fact be the descendants of Cain who were banished, though given a mark as to not be harmed. The mark is suppose to be bore by the descendants so contrary to a tattoo usually described it would seem to be more of a genetic trait.

It's been advanced before, and genetics have proven this idea to be incorrect.

The inability to bear facial hair being the alleged suspect.

Many peoples have scanty facial hair -- and by the way, Native American men can and do grow facial hair. They had a habit of shaving using clamshells or tweezering the hair out of their faces.

Roughly around the time Cain is banished to the time Native culture of the America's begins to rise seems to coincide. If I recall, specifically being South America.

The Bible generations only go back 6,000 years. Culture in the Americas began over 20,000 years ago in the Monte Verde site. Although pre-Clovis material is scarce, we have sites here in Texas that are being confirmed as at least 12,000 years old.

It's hard to decide what you mean by "native cultures begin to rise." There were so many of them in various stages around the Americas -- from the Mound Builders to the Iroquois, to the Olmecs, Incas, Mayas...they all arise at different times.

There is more information pointing to this but it is getting late. What's also notable is my culture has legends of us leaving one continent and coming to the America's by boat.

Check the legends... look for the oldest recorded versions of them. In many cases, "old legends" date from the darkest period in Native American history, where they are being rounded up and sent to reservations and children are being stolen from them while they are being forced to accept Christianity. After you've read several hundred of these tales you will start to get a sense of which ones are more recent and which are the truly old.

Of the ones I know about "the great canoe", most mention "the great spirit" which is not an original teaching of most of the tribes but instead evolves after the Europeans come. This would be a cue that the tale is post-Christian influence.

Hence being a part of the Lost 10 Tribes of Israel.

Cain's descendants were never ennumerated among the tribes of Israel in the first place: en.wikipedia.org...

How do the people here tend to receive Stichen's work? What do you think about the ancient Sumerian texts, especially in regard to this?

Let me give you some sources to start with to learn about Sumerian mythology. It's really fascinating, and the stuff that Sitchin comes up with is such... relly bad fiction.

Try these:
home.comcast.net...

and this:
ancienthistory.about.com...

As someone who has Native American heritage, I also find this site useful:
www.nativeamericans.com...

And this site on some of the archaeology of the Paleoindians. It's such a huge topic that this one site really can't cover it all.
archaeology.about.com...

[edit on 7-2-2009 by Byrd]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
The Lost tribes and Cain mythologies.

I might be wrong but I believe they were popular theories used in the beginning of the 19th Century to explain the Native American cultures.

Somewhat ethnocentric.

One of the most common examples is the Book of Mormon.

It is just bad anthropology and non existant archeological proof.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Okay, thanks for the information. I'll read through it. I'll also ask my mom about the text because she's a scholar who can read cuneiform also.

[edit on 7-2-2009 by NativeAmerican]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
\I would like to point out at this time though as well, that from the amount of DNA tests taken there is no apparent connection relating Native Americans to Israeli descent. \

So, start from this!
If accepting the results of DNA tests and why not?, the Native Americans came from the region between the Altai and Lake Baikal, along the Sayan Mountains.

Actually, the cleanest genepool is preserved by the modern Tuva people and Soiotes

\What's also notable is my culture has legends of us leaving one continent and coming to the America's by boat.|
First to the Bering region, then to the north America, and then to the South America...
Check the map of the Northeast of Asia!
the tuva shaman - picture

the Tuva man picture

[edit on 7-2-2009 by Russi]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I think I'm honestly going to have to learn cuneiform, myself, to get to the bottom of this. I want to make sure I'm not being mislead by either side. I hope my university offers a class......and learning from my mom wouldn't work out well.

new topics

top topics

join