It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

G.I. Joe Movie

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Yet another childhood fave cartoon to appear in movie form (trailer showed during the Superbowl)...

I would have preferred to see either Femke Jansen or Kate Beckinsdale as the Baroness over Sienna Miller, but the film has some promise....(other than the X-Men like black suits for most everyone...)

What does everyone think?

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I did not catch that, I was tail gating in Tampa at the time

But over all I had most the toys when I was younger. And the whole Cobra deal says alot about conspiracy theories on here..
You know snakes and guys with metal heads..
Is Destro in it?

Remember these?

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Yep, Destro is in it...though who knows if he'll have the chrome dome...with the way they're changing the look of them all...

You actually went to the game? Good for you man... Being only a bridge away, I just tried to stay out of Tampa on Sunday, hehe....

I'm cool for seeing a football game, but not for when the same money for one ticket would equate to my wife and I going on a cruise!!!

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Oh they are changing all the looks? I really hope they don't cheese them out to much. I mean Joe is a great idea to run with.. And if done right, it would be something I would like to see.

Just as long as they stick to the format. Their best bet would be to stick with the looks of all the old toys for models.

The only one I have left is the old StormShadow, All Black Snake eyes. And Quick Kick. Kinda blew up all my other ones with firecrackers, or set them on fire..

-- YEah I was just Tailgating.. Didnt get to see the Super Bowl live.. However was a killer party.. We started it off at 10Am, and left around the time kick off was to miss most the insane traffic.. But still was very crazy.
But we had our sober side kick along with us.. So I just passed out and slept the whole way home.. 24 beers in 8 hours.. Had to sleep that one off.. LOL

Try to find a Video clip of the movie.. Noticed Transformers 2 teaser clip up too.. Im a total geek for transformers!

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

Yeah, we were touching upon conspiracies and old 80's cartoons in a thread of mine a little while ago. I was trying to find out if the artoons people watched had any influence on the person they had become.
Interesting isn't it what you notice now in them?

[edit on 2-2-2009 by MCoG1980]

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by MCoG1980
reply to post by zysin5

Interesting isn't it what you notice now in them?

Very much so! dntwastetime a member on here, him and I have had long chats about the hidden encrypted messages in old cartoons, TV shows, and other things back when we where kids growing up.

Fighting aginst a secert order that whorships Reptiles, and snakes.. The whole hidden occult messages in those are staggering!

Cobra Commander ended up turning into a snake.. IN the end Cobra Commander was just a puppet to an even higher Order..

Yeah lots of stuff you can peer into with this stuff.. Right in our face the whole time.. Yet passing it off as just made up..

Going to be interesting to see where they go with the movie..

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Well, the Baroness (already in the black), Snake Eyes, and Storm Shadow appeared to look about the same, but the others are all in this black, combat armor

The cast is on imdb.com, and easy to find a trailer...

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

I urge you to add to this thread to, my thread got off topic before it got moved to BTS, which is cool, but as this guy is touching on what i was getting at, it would be nice for his thread to say in ATS, there is something in them i'm sure
: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I linked the best bits from my thread to his to show support:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Urge anyone who feels this way to contribute constructively to it.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Looks kinda cheesy. I was glad to see Ray Park as Snake eyes, but then I saw the rubber muscle suit, yuk. Just give him a feakin black longsleeve shirt or something. Really, rubber muscle top? ....ugggh!

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I didn't look too close at Snake Eyes...but figures.... I guess a full ninja getup wasn't "exotic" enough for them?

I'm sure it will be pretty cheeseball, but no moreso than Transformers probably....

new topics

top topics

join