It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SWAT teams deployed in 911 "fraud", fraud - HOAX

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
source-
tech.yahoo.com...

Doug Bates got up to lock the doors and grabbed a knife. A beam from a flashlight hit him. He peeked into the backyard. A swarm of police, assault rifles drawn, ordered him out of the house. Bates emerged, frightened and with the knife in his hand, as his wife frantically dialed 911. They were handcuffed and ordered to the ground while officers stormed the house. The scene of mayhem and carnage the officers expected was nowhere to be found. Neither the Bateses nor the officers knew that they were pawns in a dangerous game being played 1,200 miles away by a teenager bent on terrifying a random family of strangers. They were victims of a new kind of telephone fraud that exploits a weakness in the way the 911 system handles calls from Internet-based phone services. The attacks — called "swatting" because armed police SWAT teams usually respond — are virtually unstoppable, and an Associated Press investigation found that budget-strapped 911 centers are essentially defenseless without an overhaul of their computer systems.

-

[edit on 1-2-2009 by prevenge]

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
As far as I've known... it's exclaimed in every terms and conditions for internet phone services... that 911 emergency calls are NOT SUPPORTED, and that they do not replace LAND LINES.

sounds like BS to me.
like an excuse to just raid some guys house.
for practice drills.

the author of the article also just elaborates so exactly what happened that night as if they were writing a story..
descriptive adjectives
how the person "felt"...

doesn't sound like reporting sounds like written quasi-fiction.

i smell something fishy... er.. cancerous..

-

[edit]
HMM it seems that it was an internet app for the hearing impared that may have emergency services involved in it.
i'll have to research that.

even so... this kid is going to jail.. or juvy.. OR it's a HOAX and this is just a perfect excuse to do raids...

your house gets raided.. unprovoked.. and it's ooops some kid did it in indonesia in a text to speech program.. too bad..

-

[edit on 1-2-2009 by prevenge]

join