It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1 Million Protest In Paris!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
nobody here in america is going to go out in the streets on mass to protest and if they do, it won't be covered. what's wrong with you? don't you know we cover up for the rich and powerful, it's the american way!
only poor and middle class people are held accountable for their actions. they are the only ones allowed to be imprisoned, the rich and the powerful are our masters and they will make sure that only the regular people go to jail...geez...i don't know why nobody understands this? everybody keeps throwing around the stupid idea about how they have rights...YOU HAVE NO RIGHTS WHEN IT INVOLVES THE WEALTHY AND POWERFUL!!
sit down and quit bitching about it, that's the way it is.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

So what change will this make? Does congregating really do anything? Has it ever?

Erm...yeah...The French Revolution is probably one of the most famous.

There have been numerous public sackings of governents, changing government decisions and removing public figures throughout history.

Use Google.

[edit on 31/1/2009 by skibtz]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by bastupungen

No worries - I was a bit quick off the mark, as there are so many people on here claiming "cover-ups" when that simply is not the case.
(with the exception of a few).

Why are the people protesting?

Because billions (dollars) has been pumped into the banks, and the banks are not lending. Sarkosy told the people of France, there will be no bailout, we have no money, and yet on the other side of the coin, billions was given to the banks.

Sooooo, the people of France protest at their treatment by Sarkosy, he helps banks, but not the people.

That's it - in a nutshell.

[edit on 31/1/2009 by Thistled]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Here is the article on the Telegraph paper + pictures that are hair raising _javascript:icon('
')

article:
www.telegraph.co.uk...

pictures:
www.telegraph.co.uk...

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
nobody here in america is going to go out in the streets on mass to protest and if they do, it won't be covered. what's wrong with you? don't you know we cover up for the rich and powerful, it's the american way!

Not entirely true, racist slurring was reported by the US media during the Obama campaign.

America still has some serious problems with racism. I hope Obama can turn that around.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
uk.youtube.com...

Are you guys proud to have such people living in the States?

Sure there is a small contingent in the UK, but seriously - the guy holding the monkey should be arrested.

Let's hope he doesn't suffer from a heart attack and need a paramedic - you never know, he / she mght be black.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Thistled

I agree the man's actions are reprehensible, but to arrest him is unconstitutional. He's done more harm to himself already, made himself look like a total fool.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by crw2006

I agree the man's actions are reprehensible, but to arrest him is unconstitutional. He's done more harm to himself already, made himself look like a total fool.

You're right, I'm sorry, in the States it would be unconstitutional to have him arrested. I'll explain the method in my madness.
Is America not the country. where you can be taken to court and have your ass sued for defamation / racism / etc etc ???
So sure it's in the constitution, he can do that with the monkey, but why hasn't someone taken him to court and sued his ass?

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   

You cant really sue him for what he did. Lets say though that he is someones boss at a company and he brought that to work, I think he can be sued for discrimination for that.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by crw2006

Even though he does it in a public place - in front of hundreds, he gets away with it because of the constitution, right?

Apologies for being a little off topic beforehand, and now to the point.

Is everyone agreed, it was about 100,000 protestors in Paris, but over a million across the country?

People power - it works! (no guns needed)

[edit on 31/1/2009 by Thistled]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by crw2006

The New York times covered the protests in Russia:

www.nytimes.com...

MOSCOW — Protesters held demonstrations throughout Russia on Saturday, offering largely subdued, but pointed criticism of the government’s economic policies as the country continues to sink deeper into an economic morass.

... and there's also protests against the "World Economic Forum:"

uk.reuters.com...

GENEVA/DAVOS, Switzerland (Reuters) - Hundreds of people rallied in Geneva and Davos Saturday to protest against the World Economic Forum, saying the elite gathered for it annual meeting are not qualified to fix the world's problems.

Frightening (fascinating?) times we're living in.

[edit on 31-1-2009 by IlluminatiKarate]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Hey at least they are not chopping heads this time

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Nothing on Swedish tv.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   

That is the price you pay when you have the right to free speech. It applies to everyone.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by IlluminatiKarate

Great job reporting the Russians protesting the economy...here is a clip I found...It was on the front page of the Telegraph.co.uk...(headlines)

www.telegraph.co.uk...

I guess everyone is protesting but us lazy Americans... (not all but the majority is brain washed...)
I wish we would hit the streets in protest...I am disabled but would get out there and crawl if I had to ...

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Has anybody noticed a trend in our history that, usually when big uprisings happen in europe, they usually tend to follow here in the U.S.?

Reason I ask because I feel that once this become BIG BIG, it will come to us as well. It's like following a pattern.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Electro38

Originally posted by truthquest
The job of the mainstream media is to paint protesters as anarchists, crazy, and as negatively as possible. The only reason they would ever cover a story like that is if some of them were throwing bricks at police forces.

In any case, even if they did get widespread attention, protesting the economy seems like an exercise in futility. If instead of protesting these one million people decided to get together and help one another out then maybe they would get what they wanted.

So true. I always hear people saying that we have to "wake up" and take up arms against out gov, etc. etc. My reply is ok, you go first. Try taking up arms against your gov.

Protesting? Just yelling and screaming and hoping something happens?

Try helping each other, bring food to your neighbors, grow your own food, have the community pitch in and help people who are losing their homes.

It's easier to yell at your gov, and blame your gov. What about being "proactive".

Instead of trying to create a riot or a bloody revolution for no gain, lets try to help each other, become self sufficient.

I'll tell you if thing do get really bad, I'll be learning how to be self sufficient, self reliant while people here are taking up arms?

Don't get angry, get smart.

It's easy to say "be proactive and be self sufficient" but you have to realize that there are a number of factors to take into account. First being, a good chunk of americans live in cities and have no means to grow their own food, and can't afford to move to a farm, especially if it's too far away from their current jobs. Also, I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but even when you have a farm. There are some policies in place as well where the govt. can in fact tell you whether you can or CAN'T grow food. We recently had something like this happen in GA due to the drought. I wanted to grow some Tomatoes out on my yard, but was told by my dad that GA wasn't letting it happen (at least for now).

As for the "get together with your neighbors and give food" etc. I think those are called "food clubs" or something like that, and I think just recently the govt. just jumped on an Ohio family's throat for that as well and CONFISCATED all the food they bought to share with the club.

What NEEDS to be done, is to hold the govt. accountable for their bad policies, remove them from office, as well as their crappy policies that do nothing more than encroach on peoples rights and their daily lives. If I want to grow a small patch of tomatoes in my yard, damn it I'm going to do it and the govt. can so screw itself.

[edit on 31-1-2009 by Question]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Too bad in France weapons are illegal. That would change something.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raytracer
Too bad in France weapons are illegal. That would change something.

and would also stop a hell of a lot of innocent deaths in the process.

Where do you draw the line? What's most important to a culture? Shooting its opposition, or power through protest and dialogue?

That's the difference between USA and France, i think the UK has neither the outward anger, nor the attitude..
We're a nation that has been bullied into hating and fearing itself.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Maybe if the french worked more, and spend less time protesting and striking and rioting, they would have a beter economy and a higher standard of living? The very things a lot of protesters in france want, like socilized everything, is what is cauing them so much trouble. The 35 hour work week they went to recently was a terrible idea.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join