It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear Fission and FUSSION Bombs.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I was just looing up stuff on Military Aircraft when I happened to stumle upon this:

www.csd.uwo.ca...

At the bottom it will give a list of the type a Nuclear Weapons. They are both Fussion and Fission bombs. Last I cheacked we couldn't fuse atoms, only break apart. Artificaily, is what I mean.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Fusion bombs are very real. The explosion is many time more powerful than a fission bomb and there is no radioactive fallout from a fusion reaction. However, to create a fusion reaction you need the immense power of a fission explosion. So a fusion bomb actually employs two different types of reaction, and radioactive fallout still exists as a result of the fission.

Who told you we can't fuse hydrogen atoms?

*EDIT: I'm no scientist okay people, so don't take my words for certain. This is just something I remember my science teacher talking about in middle school.

[Edited on 4-12-2004 by insite]

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by insite
Fusion bombs are very real. The explosion is many time more powerful than a fission bomb and there is no radioactive fallout from a fusion reaction. However, to create a fusion reaction you need the immense power of a fission explosion. So a fusion bomb actually employs two different types of reaction, and radioactive fallout still exists as a result of the fission.

Who told you we can't fuse hydrogen atoms?

*EDIT: I'm no scientist okay people, so don't take my words for certain. This is just something I remember my science teacher talking about in middle school.

[Edited on 4-12-2004 by insite]

Insite did you not use this once before??

Did you copy and paste it from one of your previous posts? Because I seem to have a strong feeling this same exact paragraph has been used before, strange huh?

Shattered OUT...

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   

When I was a little kid I used to talk with my freinds about what the next nuke might be. Am I mistaken to believe that they have fusion nukes that are combusted by a typical fission reaction explosion? Is this possible? I guess it was a dream but I remember that the fallout was minimal and the explosion was HUGE. 16 times more powerful than the bomb used on Nagasaki or something. Am I dreaming?

Where's Krazy Ivan...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yeah that's crazy SS. Too bad what I wrote in this thread doesn't look anything like what I wrote before. As a matter of fact I'm adding onto my previous post after learning a few new things in that older thread.

What exactly were you trying to imply anyway?

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   
insite beat me to it. nice work. fusion bombs have been around since the early 1950s. i believe it was one of the operation ivy or mike tests that was the first one. also, as insite said, you need the energy of a fission bomb to create the fusion.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by insite

When I was a little kid I used to talk with my freinds about what the next nuke might be. Am I mistaken to believe that they have fusion nukes that are combusted by a typical fission reaction explosion? Is this possible? I guess it was a dream but I remember that the fallout was minimal and the explosion was HUGE. 16 times more powerful than the bomb used on Nagasaki or something. Am I dreaming?

Where's Krazy Ivan...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yeah that's crazy SS. Too bad what I wrote in this thread doesn't look anything like what I wrote before. As a matter of fact I'm adding onto my previous post after learning a few new things in that older thread.

What exactly were you trying to imply anyway?

Well nothing, it is just that I had this strong feeling that you had used that before and wanted people to be aware of it more, thats all, nothing offensive.

Shattered OUT...

new topics

top topics

join