It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jobless numbers reach record high: 4.8 mil(mass of articles-21 and counting)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Jobless numbers reach record high: 4.8 mil(mass of articles)

rawstory.com

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The number of U.S. workers filing new claims for jobless benefits rose 3,000 last week, data on Thursday showed, while so-called continued claims hit the highest level on record as the country's year-long recession continued to chill employment.
skip a few...
The number of people remaining on the benefits roll after drawing an initial week of aid, or continued claims, rose 159,000 to a higher-than-forecast 4.776 million in the week ended Jan 17, the most recent week for which data is available.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 30-1-2009 by xoxo stacie]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
well here goes I am going to mass a bunch of articles in one place instead of making repetitive posts... so here goes

Busy Signals Anger Laid Off Workers
www.kpho.com...#-
It would seem that California and Florida aren't the only ones reporting a loss of contact with the unemployment agencies.

U.S. New-Home Sales Fall to Lowest Level on Record
www.bloomberg.com...
A Bloomberg article pertaining to the massive drop in our housing markets.

Stocks Could Drop 20%, No Safe Haven: Dr. Doom 1/28/09
www.cnbc.com...
This is one is pretty self explanatory.

Ford reports record yearly loss
news.bbc.co.uk...
Amazing the only car company to refuse the bail out is still standing after these losses.

Sony profits fall 95 percent
edition.cnn.com...

L.A. Teachers Rally Against Education Cuts
cms.ktla.com...
Seems that the jobs and cuts are going across the board..they walked out basically.

Shell Posts First Loss in 10 Years on Oil Price Drop
www.bloomberg.com...
Pitty after all the trillions they milked form the public for the high gas years.

U.S. Economy: GDP Fell 3.8% in Fourth Quarter, Most Since 1982
www.bloomberg.com...
pretty sure we all saw this one coming...

Chicago Purchasers’ January Index Decreases to 33.3
www.bloomberg.com...
well we cant purchase if there aren't any jobs

Japan Heads for Worst Recession as Output Tumbles
www.bloomberg.com...
it really is a global problem and not just a US bank one

Ireland’s Debt Outlook Cut to ‘Negative’ by Moody’s
www.bloomberg.com...

U.K. Consumer Confidence Drops Close to Record Low
www.bloomberg.com...

and last for now:

Harvard’s Rogoff Sees ‘Dramatic’ Banking Changes Soon
www.bloomberg.com...

To LITTLE to late, I see no way overhauling the banks NOW could stop the snow ball effect happening worldwide.

This is just a sampling of the many stories finally hitting the MSM. There are hundreds more on every continent of this planet. We have been so focused on the NWO and their take over plans that we passed right by the game plan its self!
The kick off happened years ago they are going for the goal and are winning by a long shot.

Feel free to add articles you find so we can mass them all in one place for easier tracking. All of these articles are form the last 2 days. I have a ton of older ones that hinted at the leading up to these but it would take about three pages to list them all.
rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
new one coming out of Arizona

46 Of 50 States Could File Bankruptcy In 2009-2010

freedomarizona.wordpress.com...

They have a map also that shows which states are at risk of filling chapter 9 bankruptcy.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Its getting worse by the day now.
I don't see how throwing more money into it is going to work.
Remember the 700billion Bush put in.Now Obama has put even more money in.
Its only a bandaid and will not stop the gushing.
I think as bad as it is right now,its only going to get alot worse.
s&f

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

I really think you are correct as much as I really hate to admit this is happening. All in the name of Global Governance I really don't see why they have to totally crush every living soul to get it though. They have all the money and all the power just do it and lets get back on track already.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Today in the markets yet more GREAT news from the MSM....

CANADA STOCKS-TSX down as commodities reverse course
www.reuters.com...
TORONTO, Jan 30 (Reuters) - Toronto's main stock index turned negative on Friday morning as an early rush into commodity issues unwound and economic worries took hold.

Commodities drag Europe shares to lower close
www.reuters.com...
LONDON, Jan 30 (Reuters) - European stocks unofficially closed 0.3 percent lower on Friday, ending a volatile session in the red as commodities took a tumble, eclipsing M&A-driven gains in the pharmaceutical sector.

Mexico peso sinks to record low vs dlr, stocks fall
www.reuters.com...
MEXICO CITY, Jan 30 (Reuters) - Mexico's peso sank on Friday, hitting a record low against the safe-haven dollar, as grim economic data stoked worries the global recession is deepening, while disappointing earnings hit local stocks.

Brazil, Mexico see win-streak end
www.marketwatch.com...[0BD44938-C413-40A9-95FC-AB246EF6F927]&siteid=yhoof
LOS ANGELES (MarketWatch) -- Four sessions of consecutive advances by Latin American equities came to an end Thursday as investors sifted through another round of poor economic data from the U.S. and took gains off the table.

GLOBAL MARKETS-World stocks fall on economic outlook, gold rises
www.reuters.com...
NEW YORK, Jan 30 (Reuters) - Signs of deepening economic weakness around the world on Friday dragged stocks lower, with the Dow close to its worst decline in January since 1960, and investors fled to the safety of gold and government debt.

Wall St. slides as economy falters
biz.yahoo.com...
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Stocks closed out their worst January ever with another slide on Friday after data showed the economy contracted in the fourth quarter at the fastest pace in nearly 27 years.

Starting to see a trend in the news, starts out all good and dandy. Then as the day goes on and most markets are closed it takes a down turn. Yet again on a down day there is talk of faltering banks on "bail out hopes". Really getting to be so obvious it isn't even a joke able situation anymore. Basically accept the bail outs or watch everything go to heck in a basket.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
USA for sale, who wants to buy? Who wants to buy? I hear a bid from Japan, Japan bids 10 trillion I hear 10 trillion, do I hear 11? 11 11 11, China! China's bid is 11! C'mon U.K. you want this baby back don't ya? 12 Trillion, 12 trillion? Dubai bids 20 trillion! 20 trillion going once? Twice? SOLD to the United Arab Emirates for 20 trillion! *thump*

USA is now UAE, raise your new flag!

[edit on 30-1-2009 by saint4God]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by saint4God

USA may be for sale, but they (the rest of the world) don't want to back our currency anymore which would have devastating effects on the dollar.

New currency in the works?

Something is definitely going on. They are fearing the public into passing every nonsense bill they can come up with putting the country into an endless pit of debt.

Are they having a last hurrah? Spend like there is no tomorrow while the money is still good?

Makes me wonder.

Damn politicians.

[edit on 30-1-2009 by David9176]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
USA may be for sale, but they (the rest of the world) don't want to back our currency anymore which would have devastating effects on the dollar.

New currency in the works?

Certainly possible.

Originally posted by David9176
Something is definitely going on. They are fearing the public into passing every nonsense bill they can come up with putting the country into an endless pit of debt.

Are they having a last hurrah? Spend like there is no tomorrow while the money is still good?

Makes me wonder.

Damn politicians.

I think the world is making a case for merger. It looks a lot like a company drowning in debt and needing to re-paint the walls (dress up the bride for the wedding). I'm thinking given the alternative of actually selling the whole country they'll be looking for neighboring unions...like a North America union or something with the European Union. Not sure, but it's a common thing to settle debts via merger.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
The Amero was set to come in in February so mabe this is a last hurrah . Who knows any more these people can't make up their minds about what going to go and what's going to stay. So I guess we have a little more time to get ready for the crash of ages. They seem to be stuck on gloating at this point and making public statements about who is the better to run things worldwide.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
With all this unemployment, someone had suggested extending unemployment benefits.

I think that is a good idea, right about now.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I got laid off today

They ambushed me

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jb0311NY
I got laid off today

They ambushed me

What industry did you work in? What did they give you as a reason?

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
USA for sale, who wants to buy? Who wants to buy? I hear a bid from Japan, Japan bids 10 trillion I hear 10 trillion, do I hear 11? 11 11 11, China! China's bid is 11! C'mon U.K. you want this baby back don't ya? 12 Trillion, 12 trillion? Dubai bids 20 trillion! 20 trillion going once? Twice? SOLD to the United Arab Emirates for 20 trillion! *thump*

USA is now UAE, raise your new flag!

[edit on 30-1-2009 by saint4God]

And UAE, sells it to Saudi Arabia for 30 trillion.

How does that sound?

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Some things make me wonder about these numbers... Companies just aren't hiring.

Im trying to get a job with my brother-in-law and apparently a good citizen has a warrent for his arrest.

top topics

join