It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nemo (Finding Nemo) >>> Neo (The Matrix)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I mean we all know Neo was "The One" and he was apart of some divine prophecy that would bring peace and harmony to the world. It was only Neo himself that could defeat the evil Agent Smith that oppressed the people of Zion.

But let's take a look at Nemo. He was just a small clown fish that convinced the other 'Big Fish' in the ocean that they had to work together in order to defeat the evil fishermen from above. He didn't have powers like superman, He couldn't read things in code, and he couldn't dodge bullets... All he could do was convince the other mindless fish that if they wanted to live they had to work together. And Nemo even survived in the process.

I think that is more admirable than some guy that died for Zion. I mean let's be honest... let's not kid ourselves, Neo was a Zionist, and I'm not even sure if he was really human.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I'm sorry.... I just can't back you up on this one. I thought for a moment that I was going to be able to, and then I just realized that this is an absurd thread. Just absurd...

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDarkHorse

I was thinking the same thing because I don't see how anyone could compare a kid movie like Finding Nemo with the Matrix.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

Don't think they were trying to "defeat the evil fishermen from above" either

They were trying to FIND NEMO!!!

Hence the name......

[edit on 30/1/09 by blupblup]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocketgirl

Well, I did not mean The Matrix is better than Finding Nemo... We all know that's not true... just in terms of how Neo and Nemo fought TPTB.

I just wanted to point out that Nemo took on the establishment also... he should at least get some credit right?

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Wait……. UNLESS Nemo was designed by The Architect as an Agent that only ACTED like a fish! Brilliant, absolutely brilliant. You see, Nemo could in theory monitor the actions of Neo as he popped willy-nilly in and out of the Matrix without being detected because he’s a fish! Nobody would ever suspect a fish of being an agent. I mean he could bend the rules of the Matrix by flying out of his bowl and whipping Neo’s butt and he’d never see it coming. I heard talk about this before….. I heard that he could do some serious damage with that little underdeveloped flipper.

Seriously though, this is a joke right?
I didn't watch the video, do I need to watch the video to get this?

Jim Morrison of the Doors took on the establishment as well and nobody made the connection with Nemo. I just don’t get it. I think this is over my head.

[edit on 30-1-2009 by TheDarkHorse]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

Don't think they were trying to "defeat the evil fishermen from above" either

They were trying to FIND NEMO!!!

Hence the name......

[edit on 30/1/09 by blupblup]

uhhh... am I not allowed to make analogies on ATS?

wow.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   

I think I see what you are trying to say but your arrows not hit the right target at least with the meaning of those films.

The original Matrix ending was changed before it was produced, at least I read that but I cannot confirm it is true.

Your looking into things a bit much, finding Nemo is a tale about about the big bad world and how people who go astray can get swallowed up if they are not careful.

The Matrix is entirely different.

It would be best to make your point as your not really getting it fully across for other members to grasp, that is if you are talking about a prophet or messiah etc.

It looks like you are saying that a prophet would be a normal person who can communicate with all rather than a superman type person.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDarkHorse

yea... I guess watch the video...

All I was suggesting is that NEMO was a better hero than NEO.

if you can't see why I'm saying this (In a jokingly way OBVIOUSLY)... then nevermind.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

I'm not talking about THE ENTIRE movie of Finding Nemo... just the scene I posted.

Let me make this real simple:

Nemo saw a bunch of fish trapped in a net.

Neo saw a bunch of people trapped in the matrix

Nemo told the fish in the net they have to work together to become free.

Neo was able to free the people by himself because he is "The One"

Nobody is going to be like Neo (unless Jesus comes back to earth)... you are not Neo... you are not "The One".

In reality, we can be like Nemo ... a small little clown fish can make a difference... Nemo had an idea... and that was if the fish trapped in the net work together, they will be free... because that's the reality we are faced with today... we have to work together to free our selves from this Net / Matrix we are living in... There is no Neo in this world unless you are a Christian.

I hope that clears things up

[edit on 30-1-2009 by Doomsday 2029]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I get your point.

I wasnt sure how deep you were going with the anology.

I agree.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Damn the whole two line requirement because this could be summed up in two words Heroes Journey.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029

uhhh... am I not allowed to make analogies on ATS?

wow.

Er....you can if you like, but make sure they make sense or have relevance, otherwise you ending trying to liken finding nemo with the mat.....

oh, you already did...

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Well, I did not mean The Matrix is better than Finding Nemo... We all know that's not true... just in terms of how Neo and Nemo fought TPTB.

I wasn't talking about the movies like that. Think about the title of finding nemo, the title speaks for itself it's not like the Matrix if you look at it from a different point of view.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

lol...

I think I cleared things up... I can see how my OP was confusing...

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   

I'll say this one last time... I post a part in the movie...

I was talking about one particular scene in Finding Nemo...

that scene, and that scene only....

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Well... here are some straws, you know what to do right...

I'll drop them....you start clutching

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   

reply to post by XXXN3O

I'm not talking about THE ENTIRE movie of Finding Nemo... just the scene I posted.

Let me make this real simple:

Nemo saw a bunch of fish trapped in a net.

Neo saw a bunch of people trapped in the matrix

Nemo told the fish in the net they have to work together to become free.

Neo was able to free the people by himself because he is "The One"

Nobody is going to be like Neo (unless Jesus comes back to earth)... you are not Neo... you are not "The One".

In reality, we can be like Nemo ... a small little clown fish can make a difference... Nemo had an idea... and that was if the fish trapped in the net work together, they will be free... because that's the reality we are faced with today... we have to work together to free our selves from this Net / Matrix we are living in... There is no Neo in this world unless you are a Christian.

I hope that clears things up

[edit on 30-1-2009 by Doomsday 2029]

Ahhhhh you see, now I understand.

Really, that's all you had to say.

Thanks Doom!

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
By the way, I also want to apologize for the Jim Morrison analogy, that made no sense. Morrison didn't really try to conquer the establishment as much as he tried to conquer bottles of whiskey.

It wasn't until much later on today that I realized that I had made probably the second worst analogy of this thread.

new topics

top topics

join