It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada's Stonehenge: scientist says Alberta sun temple has 5,000-year-old calendar

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
i believe that stonehenge and that circle in alberta represent the same thing. however, i believe that they represent the milky way galaxy i can see that this circle is indeed a twin of stonehenge.

please let me explain: i looked into the possibility of stonehenge being a representation of the milky way galaxy, and i found that it is. these two maps show the correlation:

< br />
a web thread i made all about it

the maps are remarkable and the points line up remarkably. i would start a thread about the biggest discovery of our times right here at ATS and i will, but first i must resourcefully post until i can. (one must have a certain number of posts in order to make a thread)

this could take a month, so please check out what i have so far. its true, so that's what i have to do now, since i discovered it... people should always make it a rule to tell everybody when they find the truth. especially more important truths... like mysteries.

yes, i do say that the man has discovered the twin to stonehenge. congratulations to him, and thank god for that.

i hope he reads this and decides to compare the area to the local group of galaxies. the map above is from this website where you can zoom in and out, however, not as incrementally as one might like: www.atlasoftheuniverse.com...

[edit on 26-7-2009 by majicdragon]

[edit on 27-7-2009 by majicdragon]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
About the lack of recorded history for the Plains Indians.

This is true. However, the oral tradition has far more in it than is accounted for. We tend to think of oral tradition as unreliable, but there is evidence that oral tradition carries informtion for a long period of time.

A good example of this is the Head Smashed In Buffalo Jump.

This location was used for thousands of years. Then for reasons yet undetermined the tribes stopped using it or coming through the area.

Then a thousand years later, they starting using it in exactly the same manner again.

The markings to identify the area, and the manner of using the jumps, and how to find the jump remained with them even though they stopped using it.

Oral tradition is more robust than it is given credit for.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   

That if Native Americans conformed to the Non Native way of thinking we MIGHT have been taken seriously!
I live in a tribe in alberta and was told of these places I know some people who have worked to get these sites preserved and lost out because $$ is more important!

The escarpment by COP should be being perserved by the government, and not in little chunks by private corporations as is being done.

The only reason that escarpment is not being protected is money. It is part of a wildlife corridor through the city. It has archeological sites all over it. The government has gone back its word about that escarpment at least once - I know I've seen the letter stating they would protect it.

But there are people who want to build on it. People with lots of money who have friends in the government. So it isn't.

That really torques me.

[edit on 2009/7/27 by Aeons]

[edit on 2009/7/27 by Aeons]

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I understand this is an old post and one I stumbled upon "Canada's stone henge or astrological clock" before reading more on ATS. After adding in a couple more oddities Freemen missed "maybe" without prior knowledge or thought they had no meaning to this discovery he made public. It crossed my mind and I was looking for more thoughts from others, could this possibly have any correlation to the Aztec face in the badlands and the junction of Ley lines at buffalo lake all within a few kms of each other.
Thanks for any posts regarding this topic.

edit on 02 17 2014 by Flipslide because: spelling errors

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join