It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Economic Forum A Conversation with Bill Clinton

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I was watching what I can regarding the world economic summit trying to keep abreast of the situation and what they are trying to do and I came across this.
In it Billy boy pretty much lays it out in plain English and set some things straight.

I wonder how Russians and the Chinese feel about what he said about even more investment in the US to get the world economies flowing even after what they have stated already at this summit.

It's a refreshing view that I hope many will watch I know I learned from it and hopefully you'll get something out of it. With out further ado. We'll chat after let me know what and how you feel.

Slick Willi Speaks

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I think his stance on whether the environment will loose out to the global economy seems fair but will it happen?

I agree there is a lot of money to be made in conversion especially here in the US but will big oil allow it?

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Here is how Russia and China feel.

Russia, China Blame Woes on Capitalism
Speeches Criticize Inappropriate Policies, Focus on Dollar's Role; Yet Putin Sends Obama Conciliatory Signal

The premiers of Russia and China slammed the U.S. economic system in speeches Wednesday, holding it responsible for the global economic crisis.

Great article. online.wsj.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Well I'm not sure they are going to come out of this smelling like roses and if everybody thinks the US will fall apart I think that their countries are much thinner ice and are more susceptible to internal crises.

stay tuned folks the next 12 to 18 months should be interesting

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Vlad the Impaler

I'll wager even Bill Clinton did a little squirming.

Vladimir Putin’s speech at the opening ceremony - Snip

In the last few months, virtually every speech on this subject started with criticism of the United States. But I will do nothing of the kind.

I just want to remind you that, just a year ago, American delegates speaking from this rostrum emphasised the US economy’s fundamental stability and its cloudless prospects. Today, investment banks, the pride of Wall Street, have virtually ceased to exist. In just 12 months, they have posted losses exceeding the profits they made in the last 25 years. This example alone reflects the real situation better than any criticism.

Text

Clinton Climate Control Legacy

"“We just have to slow down our economy and cut back our greenhouse gas emissions ’cause we have to save the planet for our grandchildren.” - BC Jan 2008

Not to worry, I think your grandchildren will do just fine.

We desperately need to grow our economy Bill. As a result of short-sighted energy policies, we can't grow GDP without an equal increase in oil consumption. As president you were anti-drilling...you strongly supported the environment...Kudos!...but also you initiated a plan to renovate thousands of aging nuclear warheads in clear violation of the START II arms reduction treaty....

but failed to renovate our dying nuclear energy industry?

Can't have your cake & eat it too Bill.

"The notion of a static, unchanging climate is foreign to the history of
the earth or any other planet with a fluid envelope. The fact that the
developed world went into hysterics over changes in global mean
temperature of a few tenths of a degree will astound future
generations."
Richard Lindzen, Professor of Meteorology MIT and Member
of the National Academy of Sciences

Tuffing it out in Davos

I was reading on another site that a ghastly bun fight erupted over the last bottle. French ducking Muffins...Brits ducking Croissants...everyone ducking Rice Bread.

Davos Savors $1,700 Chateau Petrus as Crisis Dodged for Now

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by OBE1
We desperately need to grow our economy Bill. As a result of short-sighted energy policies, we can't grow GDP without an equal increase in oil consumption. As president you were anti-drilling...you strongly supported the environment...Kudos!...but also you initiated a plan to renovate thousands of aging nuclear warheads in clear violation of the START II arms reduction treaty....

but failed to renovate our dying nuclear energy industry?

Good point he does try to adress some of those issues in the video. I cant help but get the impression that he is a salesman for America watch the video again and with that in mind tell me what you see.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

From your post it leads me to think that China is headed for a great depression. They will have to blame someone, we have done nothing but line their fricking pockets for a century, many many times over the trillions they claim we owe them.

They do not want to mess with us or we will bring it all home and then America and its allies will indeed prosper when we no longer have to cut them in...

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Could someone please find a transcript? I have no sound on my vistaaaah for some reason...

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

China headed for great depression ???

what nonsense is this ???

yuan is on the verge of becoming a global reserve currency while dollar is on verge of collapse, and china is already the only financial superpower , China can cripple USA any time

bring it home?? China will nationalize all american industries outsourced to them , thus effectively destroying USA

[edit on 30-1-2009 by sadchild01]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by sadchild01

I wouldnt be so cocky dont be so sure.
trade war anybody?

top topics

join