It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hamas Signals Willingness To Negotiate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Hamas Signals Willingness To Negotiate

www.cbsnews.com

Senior officials in the Islamic group Hamas are indicating a willingness to negotiate a deal for a long-term truce with Israel as long as the borders of Gaza are opened to the rest of the world.

The militants appear to be in the throes of an internal power struggle between hard-liners and pragmatists. Which group comes out on top will likely depend on who is able to garner the most benefits in postwar Gaza.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
It would be great if the people of Gaza finally got to live in peace.

Stop the rocket attacks. Stop the mortars. That is what led to closing the borders with Israel and the last invasion by Israel.

This is a great chance to actually end violence and let the people of the Gaza strip have a life.

www.cbsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
"willing"?!

Hah. Thats like a man who is bleeding out claiming that he is "willing" to negotiate a blood transfusion.

Hamas is nearly dead. I wish Israel would just finish them and then hand over Gaza to Abbas and Fatah.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I'd love to see some actual negotiation.

Things like recognizing Israels right to exist.
Stop spending so much money on arms and try to improve the lining conditions for the people of Gaza.

Stop worshiping suicide bombers and start trying to live in peace.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
If they are willing to negotiate, then they must be seriously running low on weapons and ammo. Negotiations and cease fires will give them the perfect opportunity to reload.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Historically, a truce has just been a time out so they can rearm.

You just need to look at Lebanon to see that.

The thing that encouraged me was the dissent within Hamas. Perhaps the pragmatists actually will come to power and actually try to help the people of Gaza.

new topics

top topics

join