It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orange Ball / UFO Phenomenon evidence seeking event

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
There are number of cases of Orange ball UFOs seen frequently over the UK (most likely the world too)

Skeptics argue with a good point that they are in fact Chinese balloon Lanterns. Sure they are indeed Orange balls, but I am not so convinced that these lanterns can account for all of the sightings.

As no one has yet tested this so myself along with my team at NPN are treading new turf with an evening of experimention.

We are going to conduct a test on Sunday February 15th. Going to a high hill on the outside of the city of Nottingham - at a location called Bestwood Country Park.

Aims: 1st Aim. To take photograph and video evidence of Chinese Lanterns in flight high over the city and surrounding areas. To determine if they do indeed look like UFOs witnessed across the city and beyond.

Aim 2. To demonstrate and document using multiple camera types and witness statements of those present and at distance.

There will be a team at the Launch location taking images and videos, we will be launching Chinese Lanterns with a 15 minutes frequency from 19:00 hours onwards.

There is a number of contacts and volunteers across the city who will taking photos and video of the lanterns from their positions.
(NOTE: If you live in Nottingham and surrounding area feel free to get in touch and you can participate in collecting and taking photo and video data for the experiment)

Once all the information is coalated NPN will be publishing all the data recorded.

It'll first be available at The NPN Portal www.NPNetwork.org.uk then I would like to post the details and data here to share with the ATS Community.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Saw four orange spheres flew in from the south and left in the west could not determine hight and therefore speed. They were not chineese lanterns they followed each other on a very accurate course, flying regardless of height very fast.

Time of event 00.30hrs 31/01/09.

Place. South Walls car park, Stafford, UK.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Sounds like a good idea, I look forward to your results.
I conducted a similar, albeit less organised investigation myself in October 2008. You can Read about it Here.

WG3

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by KristianTNA

Hi mate. Very interesting stuff here. These things are very real, but only some are OBOL, more likely to see white/clear type first actually, followed by OBOL. Less frequent are the yello, green, blue type. The red even rarer. If you want to see some real ones I filmed very near to you go into my profile and check them out. The two minute film you will see a very real OBOL, the last we saw that night. On the 29 minute footage you will see on the left of the pan a OBOL, clear ones in the centre of the scene and to the right a triangle formation with a red at the apex. This footage was taken before the two minute footage. They are all real. If you're interested in locations for spotting near to you please ask. Be careful, go as a group as these things ARE connected to motherships! I'm not saying they are in any way dangerous, just that it will be a bit of a weird yet wonderful feeling when you are withing touching distance of a ufo orb. They never harmed me in any way, all I'm saying is be careful, have a great time. Best wishes

[edit on 2-2-2009 by ufoorbhunter]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Had a bit of an issue getting permission from the CAA. Civil Avaiation Authority as its within 2 miles of a Rolls Royce owned airfield. Don't want no accidents on my account.

These Lanterns can alledgedly go up to 75ft in a good wind and cold night. Believe me we are getting good wind...along with loads of different weather types in the last 2 weeks.

I'll twin here what we information, pictures and video we collect and put on the NPN Portal website.
Certainly hope the data and imagery will be used for reference in many cases where Orange ball UFOs are sighted. At least we will all know whether its a UFO or a Lantern.
The nights mission brief can be viewed here Briefing

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by KristianTNA
These Lanterns can alledgedly go up to 75ft in a good wind and cold night.

I'd say you can easily multiply that estimate by 10 to 20.

WG3

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Christian hello. If you want a location to see real ufo orbs (not just orange types but all the other types) pm me. The ufo orbs exist, we really appreciate your experiment............... ufo orb hunter

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Christian ay up mate I just did a double post but being realistic they are not all orange. It's just not like that. They come in all different colours. It would be ufo orb racist type of thing in a strange sort of way to believe they are all orange. Thank's for your study and please remember they come in all shades of orange/amber/yellow and at the same time white, even rarer the blue, the green, even rarer the red (usually travelling on its own with the laser beam of light) type.

[edit on 13-2-2009 by ufoorbhunter]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by KristianTNA

Well done in coordinating this, I can't wait to see the results.

Will you also be trying some different configurations? eg: multiple releses at the same time and maybe tie a few together.

Nice one! s&f

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Morning

on Sunday 15th February 2009 at approx 6.00pm my wife and I witnessed a large firey ball which appeared from the Arnold/Nottingham area and seemed to arc around heading from East to West before disapearing into the distance. Our back garden faces south towards Arnold/Nottingham

We saw it disappear after about 2 mins. We got some very poor camcorder footage of it just before it disappeared, which I have yet to transfer onto a VHS/DVD as our camcorder is quite old.

I even sent an Email into the Nottingham Evening Post about it! could this have been one of your lanterns?

Regards

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Look forward to seeing the results for this. I was thinking of doing something simular just the other day. Now I don't need to bother. Nice one

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I guess the results of the experiment will appear first on the Nottinghamshire Paranormal Network website

Worth keeping an eye on.

WG3

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Its a real shame that this did experiment did not come off like you expected. But there again , as mentioned in the report , it does highlight some of the difficulties with the entire lantern theory as a whole, in terms of phesability . It will be interesting to see how this develops over time , and if general opinion recognises the inherant problems involved with launching such devices in bad weather. It may be that a number of orb incidents will be made more interesting by the lesser chance that lanterns could have been launched or present in the vicinity . Good work folks !

top topics

join