It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
First let me welcome our newest "fighters." You are now part one the most intellectually stimulating and merriment filled forums of ATS.

All new fighters and all of those who may be considering joining our ranks, I extend this invitation:

If you have any questions about the rules, strategy, time constraints, or anything relating to the tournament or the debate forum in general, please do not hesitate to contact me via U2U. I am sure that both MemoryShock and Semperfortis, who are the current Debate Forum moderators, and any of the existing "fighters" will also be more than happy to do likewise.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Thank you for being so nice and giving me the link to go to and learn more. This is something, I could really get into, right up my ally.

I appreciate the information and I hope I will be a somewhat worthy debater for your forum.

UHH, I have to..... with my head down - quietly ask one more itsy bitsy question.......

How do I set this up in "my ats" I have never used that button and know nothing about it, if you can just refer me to a thread again that would be great.

Sorry to be a pain, and thank you for your patience.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

Not a pain at all...

To add this forum to your MyATS page, just visit any debate forum thread. At the top left of the page you'll see the box where you can flag the thread. In the bottom left corner of that box you will see the word favorite next to a yellow star. Click on that and it should appear on your MyATS page...

There is also an option for 'prioritzing' the Favorite Forums as displayed on your MyATS page...as performed by the "green arrow/blearrow/red x" in the upper right hand corner of each forum box as displayed on the MyATS page.

Hope all that makes sense...

Edit to Add: MyATS Link

[edit on 28-1-2009 by MemoryShock]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
If you go to any particular forum, you'll see a tab that says favourite.

Click it and the forum is added to your "myats" page.

Any thread you participate in is also there, up to fifty of the recently active ones.

Edit: Or what ^^^^ he said. So as not to waste a an edit, any new fighters may want to look for a challenge match to get your feet wet. It will give you a good idea of what is involved with debating and should help you decide whether you can really commit the time it takes to participate in a tournament. They can be time consuming if you move into the later rounds.

[edit on 28-1-2009 by GAOTU789]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Count me in.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Thank you, I have been reading the debate forum - I will do as instructed.

Thanks again (didn't want it to be a one liner only)

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
MS and SD, nice to see you boys again. The Cardinals...really...???

GO Steelers.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthWithin

Great to see you as well TruthWithin...

Welcome Back, my friend...and as for the Cardinals...I am not much of a sports fan but am always inclined towards the underdog...

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock

Welcome Back, my friend...and as for the Cardinals...I am not much of a sports fan but am always inclined towards the underdog...

... What's the spread?

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

You are now part one the most intellectually stimulating and merriment filled forums of ATS.

Correction:

You are now part one the most intellectually stimulating and merriment filled forums of ATS The Internet.

Welcome to our New Fighters and Welcome Back Truth...

Semper

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
Or perhaps you would like to take your shot at unseating our current Champion?

Hey! Sure, put my head on the chopping block, then duck out for coffee yourself. I see how it is.

Count me in, of course.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

Coffee for all the better to watch the show...

We still have to have that rematch at some point...

And it's looking like a great list has started to shape up. We might end up with some epic battles in the middle rounds like last tournament...Exciting!!

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Sign me up...got nothin else to do!

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
This tournament is officially over.

I'm in.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Sign me up please, i am ready....
lets do it!

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Yup! I'm in desperate need of a good thrashing! Count me in..., pair me up with someone who is assured fold, spindle, and mutilate my logic.., in other words, any one of the excellent posters we have here at ATS!

Perhaps the topic wont be life threatening, but I expect a sound beating, dragging me kicking and screaming the whole way....

sounds like fun!

[edit on 29-1-2009 by Maxmars]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
You know, the ATS system is NOT perfect.

I posted "Sign me Up" (more than adequate for the purpose of this thread, no?) and I wasn't allowed to post it because it was too short. Sheesh!

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
You know i would get beat sooooo bad because i seriously suck at debating and i mean Badddddddd i will be soo embarrased why the hell would i ever join for that seriously

count me in !!!!!!!!! please

seriously it would be fun i havent ever joined in on one before so this will be my first

[edit on 29/1/2009 by Anti - Government]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I'd like to join the tournament. The debates I did before were a lot of fun.

But is there post that explains the new rules? The ones I did were two years ago in the H2H forum, which had different rules.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05
I'd like to join the tournament. The debates I did before were a lot of fun.

But is there post that explains the new rules? The ones I did were two years ago in the H2H forum, which had different rules.

Welcome to the ATS Debate Tournament 2009. Click on any Debate in the Forum-List or check out the last Tournament to get an overview of the Rules.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join