It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why would God want man's foreskin ?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

I do see the point you are trying to make, but honestly, I disagree with it. My reasons for disagreeing with you will not be accepted by you. If my sons have an issue with it, it will be on my conscience no doubt. But I honestly don't see it ever coming to that... I will not accept the guilt you are trying to heap onto others in the meanwhile.

[edit on 29-1-2009 by justamomma]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Unrealised

I am of the Jewish bloodline.. but one still has to convert to judaism if one wants to practice the traditions.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by justamomma

I do see the point you are trying to make, but honestly, I disagree with it. My reasons for disagreeing with you will not be accepted by you. If my sons have an issue with it, it will be on my conscience no doubt. But I honestly don't see it ever coming to that... I will not accept the guilt you are trying to heap onto others in the meanwhile.

If you think i'm trying to heap guilt on anyone you're wrong. What is done is done. I'm simply saying i don't think it's right, not saying you should feel guilty at all! I am just posing the question as to why we allow it in this modern age when we banned the female version.

The female version removes all parts that give a woman pleasure. Medically long term it doesn't appear to lead to any problems but we banned it because it's inhumane and doesn't benefit the woman. The male version doesn't benefit the man (studies saying otherwise have shown major bias) and in fact can cause a lot of problems. Not only the cracking and drying of the head of the penis but also during intercourse.

It's not about guilt, as i said, what is done is done. It's about giving the choice to adult males who consciously decide they want it. Yes the recovery time is a lot longer but it's the choice that's important here.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   

I am of the Jewish bloodline.. but one still has to convert to judaism if one wants to practice the traditions.

No, we are of the Chimpanzee bloodline, so let us 'convert' and start scoffing bananas and eating feces...

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   

If you choose to do such, I will not be the one to stop you nor will I condemn you or make fun of you. I may wonder why you choose to do such since it is not even comparable, but you have a right to pursue what makes you happy.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
If you think i'm trying to heap guilt on anyone you're wrong.

I am very glad that I am wrong and have misunderstood your intentions.

I'm simply saying i don't think it's right

You certainly have the right to voice your opinion. I do respect it and value it. I just hope that you respect and value the opinions (and beliefs) of others as much.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   

You certainly have the right to voice your opinion. I do respect it and value it. I just hope that you respect and value the opinions (and beliefs) of others as much.

I do yes, it's why i'm on a discussion forum
However when it involves damage to a person, physically cutting something off then it's a different matter. Voicing your opinion, believing in god, worshiping a god, all of these things are under freedom of speech and i will fight without rest for these things to be protected even if i don't agree with them.

When it comes to physical harm, that isn't protected under free speech.

[edit on 29-1-2009 by ImaginaryReality1984]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unrealised

Converting to Judaiism....throwing feces....sounds comparable to me...

Off topic and stupid, sorry but it is. Justamomma has a right to believe whatever she wishes.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   

I am not forcing anyone nor condemning anyone here for not choosing the path I have chosen, so I am not sure why the hostility and rudeness.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

I chose what my heart said was right. I have no doubts, as I said, that my sons will not be upset with me in the least. As I said, there is much logic in Judaism and my sons are very much like their momma and will most likely choose the same path. Even though I did not choose to carry through with the circumcision for this reason, I know that in the end, they will be more thankful that I allowed for it when I did. Can you imagine being an adult and having it done? OUCH!.. and you remember that OUCH when you are old enough to make that decision.

As I said, if they choose a different path (which I will fully respect if they do) I doubt they will hold ill will toward me for the decision I made on their behalf. If they do, that will between me and them.

When I was born, I had my footprint put on a certificate of birth and I am not real thrilled with that. In order to fight that, I would need a lot more $$ than I have now... and even so, *they* will still have my prints, thus allowing them to always be able to identify me.. unless I go to drastic and painful measures to eradicate this... Do I blame or hate my parents... do I respect them any less? NOT at all.. they helped to shape me into the person that I am proud to be today.. despite all the decisions they made on my behalf that others would feel they have a right to fight against.

They were my parents and I stand by everything they chose for me (vaccinations.. something I have opted to not allow for my sons; growing up in religion... something else I also am not opting to force upon my sons; etc). All of it served its purpose and to say that you have a right to step in and fight for my sons when most likely they will feel the same way about my decisions for them as I do about my parents' decisions for me is unfair.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Off topic and stupid, sorry but it is. Justamomma has a right to believe whatever she wishes.

Yes, I know it's stupid.

Sorry to offend.

I knew it would offend though, and now I wonder why I said it at all.

Still, if it isn't broken, don't try to 'fix' it.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Perhaps GOD makes lots of face cream?

supposedly, there are lots of good things in baby foreskins, collagins and stemcells, some # like that.

the pharmacutical companies have been in the know about this for a very long time... check it out yourselves.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

The footprint thing isn't comparable as it didn't harm you in any physical way. That really is apples and oranges, or in this case penises and feet
. I'm just saying that because it's something which physically damages the body it should be up to the child to decide.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   
One or two points I have noticed:-

Firstly 'being circumcised makes it less likely to catch HIV' - I didn't know that HIV was such a rife disease in the time of the OT, the bible never mentions it although the bible does love lepers.

Secondly the story of Dinah's rape - "Gen 34:2 And when Shechem the son of Hamor the Hivite, prince of the country" and then "Gen 34:11 And Shechem said unto her father and unto her brethren".

Am I missing some salient piece of information or is Shechem a hermaphrodite?

G

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Are you a Cavalier or a Roundhead?

that is the question.....

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by shihulud
Secondly the story of Dinah's rape - "Gen 34:2 And when Shechem the son of Hamor the Hivite, prince of the country" and then "Gen 34:11 And Shechem said unto her father and unto her brethren".

Am I missing some salient piece of information or is Shechem a hermaphrodite?

G

Yes and no he was not.. you are missing the most obvious.. Shechem was talking to HER (Dinah's) father and brethren.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   

reply to post by justamomma

The footprint thing isn't comparable as it didn't harm you in any physical way. That really is apples and oranges, or in this case penises and feet
. I'm just saying that because it's something which physically damages the body it should be up to the child to decide.

Okay.. though I disagree with you, fine. Vaccinations? that comparable enough? It really doesn't matter though. It is not your decision unless it is your child you are deciding on. Should they ever change things up, then I guess you can play whistle blower against parents and their decision to do what they feel is right for their child. *shrugs*

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Yes and no he was not.. you are missing the most obvious.. Shechem was talking to HER (Dinah's) father and brethren.

Blind man says "Ahh I see now", it pays to be fully awake when reading and understanding.

G

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Until I was 7 years old I thought bacon was discarded foreskins.

second line

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join