It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama faces choice on Cape Cod wind farm

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Obama faces choice on Cape Cod wind farm

www.msnbc.msn.com

updated 1:49 p.m. CT, Mon., Jan. 26, 2009

WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama's enthusiasm for alternative energy is being buffeted by two political forces on opposite sides of plans to build the nation's first offshore wind farm off Cape Cod.

A leading foe of the $1 billion project is Sen. Edward Kennedy, D-Mass., an early and influential backer of Obama's presidential bid. A strong proponent is Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick, a close friend of Obama and a source for some of his best campaign speech lines.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Submit General News

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Well folks, here is the first test of the Presidents energy policy. Will he cave?? Will make his first enemies, politically speaking??

I'm a fan of this form of energy. I certainly no expert, hell I don't really know much about it at all really, but what I do know is that it's cheap and emission free.

Does anyone here know if wind energy has any affect of weather?? I mean if, say there were 1200 (for example) of these things in the middle of nowhere, would all of those blades affect wind and weather??
I understand that the wind farm that is purposed in Cape Cod if in the order of 100 to 200, give or take. But I thought that there were plan to put these everywhere. There is a plan for the Great Lakes that I keep hearing about.

Whatever the case may be, this is going to be the first of many battles between the "friends" of the President.

It might be worth keeping track of.

SeeYa!

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 26-1-2009 by wolf241e]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by wolf241e

Sounds like another non-issue being made to seem like a real one. The idea of any offshore wind farm is kind of ludicrous.

[edit on 27-1-2009 by DeadFlagBlues]

join