It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turin Shroud Back Side Shows Face

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I don't know if this has been posted before but I found this intresting.

dsc.discovery.com...

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 07:55 AM
link   
i watched Quest for Truth yesterday regarding the shroud and I am inclined to believe that it is a wonderful piece of art, made by Leonardo DaVinci, commissioned by the Savoy's (spelling?) and the Pope to benefits themselves and their goals. I clearly see the resemblance of Da Vinci and the face in the shroud, and knowing how brilliant the man was, I certainly don't put it past his capabilities of creating such a work.

remember we still can't even duplicate the painting techniques he used to create his known masterpieces.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 08:05 AM
link   
remember the most important thing about shroud is that we are not supposed to see the face of jesus. there is a good reason for this, like with peoples obsession in todays world with beauty etc...

just that fact alone makes the shroud a fake(period). we are not supposed to see the face of jesus christ.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
just that fact alone makes the shroud a fake(period). we are not supposed to see the face of jesus christ.

Why do you say that we are not supposed to see the face of Jesus?
Is that written somewhere?
Did you read the article?

"The presence of a face on both sides of the shroud would seem an obvious feature in case of a fake: when making a print onto a cloth, paint soaks the cloth's fibers reaching also the back side.

"This is not the case of the Shroud. On both sides, the face image is superficial, involving only the outermost linen fibers. When a cross-section of the fabric is made, one extremely superficial image appears above and one below, but there is nothing in the middle. It is extremely difficult to make a fake with these features," Fanti said."

[Edited on 12-4-2004 by NetStorm]

top topics

join