It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm going to the Yucatan, what can I do for ATS?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
At the end of the week I'll be taking a 10 day trip to the Yucatan. Although I've gotta find time to lay around in the sun, drink beers, and hopefully catch the Super Bowl somewhere, I was hoping that I'd also have time to do some good for ATS.

Mexico has been a place of mystery and excitement for centuries. Think about.....The Mayans and their crazy calendar and ruins. The corruption of the Mexican Government. Possible Atlantean artifacts. Tons of UFO sightings!!!

The list goes on.

I'm equipped with an HD camera, knowledge of mexican history and culture, a pretty good handle on Spanish, a tolerance for a lot of tequila, and my hot girlfriend.

So come on ATS, special agent liquidsmoke is on another mission, what can I do for you!!!!!

-Liquid

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Just take care and be sure you are able to defend yourself if it would come to that. I think that is all that is needed to add.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Nightchild

I've never had to defend myself, I'm pretty good at being right near a lot of trouble but not actually being in it, I've come really close though. I will have to watch out for my GF though, she's so nice to people that even when shifty people are around she doesn't know how to tell them to just (snip) off. Luckily I do.

[edit on 25-1-2009 by liquidsmoke206]

Mod Edit
lease Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors.

[edit on 1-26-2009 by worldwatcher]

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Yoo M8
Visit the Mayan Ruins and see what kinda atmospheare is there

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Most important thing you can do for ATS - is have a great time! If you discover lost city , fountain of youth or lost civilisation - it will be only second to the most important thing.
HD camera sounds promissing though.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Capture a live chupacabra.

Step One: Take photos as soon as you can and a video

Step Two: Sedate the Chupa and get in contact with some coyotes

Step Three: Smuggle across border

Step Four: Profit???

Chupa's aside look for some old witches or discover some ancient temple of evil and uncover a terrible secret. Have fun

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Be sure and visit Chicken Pizza...or Chichen Itza as the civilized people call it. It's awesome! I have not yet been able to see the Great Pyramids, but I can't imagine something being more breath-taking than seeing CI. It's amazing. And there are some odd things there, so keep a keen eye and let me know what you see! Then I'll tell you what I saw!

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Stay in the resort area that is well protected and keep your head on your shoulders. If you should venture out to the ruins don't for one minute think the little old man that drives the bus is going to protect you. If you really want to see the ruins hire a bodyguard. Here's a link, and there's many more links where this came from. Take care.

www.latimes.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Well we're going into cancun and then hopefully driving to Chichen Itza ands thru to merida, where in august 11 decapitated bodies turned up....this is gonna be one helluva trip!

So I'll be able to get some info on the ruins, and be right in the heart of a drug war, I'll do my best to track down the chupacabra too.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I spent New Year in Merida a couple of years back and from there we visited Uxmal and Chitzen Itza. Absolutely awesome places and there seem to be so many more ruins all over the Yucatan.
What I really thought was great was the acoustics demo in front of the big Pyramid at Uxmal, if you visit there the guides demonstrate with a handclap and you'll see what I mean.

Stay safe and have a great time.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Uxmal huh?
Sounds like a hot ticket...

I'll see if I can't get a video of that acoustics demo.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
stay up late. Alot of UFO sightings happen late at night.

Check out www.analuisacid.com

Consider sending her a message asking if there have been sightings around the Yucatan lately.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

val's right about chitzen itza. if you want to hit less toursity ruins, ask the hotel. I don't recall the name of the ones were told to visit (we went fishing instead as I had been to see the ruins when I was a kid) but we were told they were as grand and less crowded.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
cool i sent a message...we'll see what becomes of it.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

less touristy right now might mean more likely to get decapitated. I know it's mostly people involved in the drug war that are getting whacked, and I've been all over mexico(except the yucatan) so I know what to expect. But with the way that country is deteriorating I just don't know what to expect.

So if I could go to one other ruins, what would you guys recommend, uxmal?

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Gotta hit Xel-Ha, world's largest natural aquarium. Underground cenotes feed it through the mangrove jungles, you can float all the way down them on a tube and snorkel in Xel-Ha which at max is only about 7 feet deep with crystal clear water. I have pictures of me and the wife swimming with tons of exotic fish. Magical place.

www.xelha.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
where in the yucatan will you be?

large area, lots of ruins.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
the plan was to fly into cancun stay for a couple days and then drive straight thru to merida, hitting chitzen itza along the way.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Coba was the one the hotel told us was less busy and a bit more impressive.

I'd still hit chichen itza

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by liquidsmoke206
the plan was to fly into cancun stay for a couple days and then drive straight thru to merida, hitting chitzen itza along the way.

This is exactly what we did, only we were staying in Playa del Carmen. We went compeltely across the peninsula...hit Coba and Chicken Pizza.

Xel-Ha is awesome as well. It was the first time I had ever gone snorkeling. The fish are beautiful!

And Tulum is really neat...especially if you stay and watch them do the re-enactment of the ball game.

new topics

top topics

join