It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Towns with no automobiles or only some??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
There was a documentary a while back on KVIE i think where they showed some towns in USA that dont really have any automobiles or only minimal. Basically towns that live off the land and use bicycles to get around. I tried searching these towns but didnt get any luck. Wondering if anyone else recalls or familiar with such towns? Im looking into getting a house and honestly wouldnt mind looking into real estate in those cities and maybe have that as a city to move to if all goes well, to live off the land, commute around without motor powered vehicles.

[edit on 25-1-2009 by NickT916]

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Here you go... Mackinac Island (pronounced Mack-i-naw).

www.mackinacisland.org...

"Growing concerns for public health and safety in the 1920s led to regulatory systems which remain in effect today to restrict motor vehicles, excluding emergency vehicles in both the State Park and the City of Mackinac Island."

I have been there, its a really nice place.. bicycles everywhere.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Sounds like heaven to me!

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
thank you, i think that was the one i saw on kvie. are there other such places around USA or even other countries? it would be lovely places to visit im sure! probably so relaxing!!

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by NickT916

Its not as relaxing as you think it would be in tourist season. How ever in the off season its great. Those cannons at the fort drive ya nuts tho. In my opinion they make the best fudge.

I had heard of a town in Wisconsin that didn't allow cars but I have never been able to find it or remember the name. I heard it when I was a child. Sorry I know I am not being much help.

top topics

join