It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Do You Want To Know The Future?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I have had visions awake and asleep. There have been sometimes that i have spoken outloud about something happening at that same moment in another part of the world (this doesn't happen frequently), a volcano exploding or some such thing, and i remember my mother freaking out in the past at this when we would found out these things happened through the tv or the radio. I can't control it, I can control other things but not visions.

Most of what I have seen in the past have been a complete vision on what would happen to me in an ordinary day, I haven't seen these visions lately. In this type of vision I ccould control what I would do and i would be able to say to others what another person was about to do or say.

These, complete visions of one day, happened earlier in my life, I think it was a way for me to find out that visions are for real so that I would believe when I had other visions. Then again this is my view and have been my experiences, so noone has to believe it.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I'm not discounting them at all. There are various types of precognition. I just wanted clarification.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 05:05 AM
link   
good question, it is debateable how much we could actually do, i cannot explain why but for some reason our lives do have a thing called fate attached to them.

i am not saying that everything is planned before we are born, but i am sure that the most important things in each of our lives are decided before we are born, and we cannot escape these events.

and to change things on a world basis is to do with the whole human collective.

like i said before this is an interestng question.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 05:50 AM
link   
There's only one reason I'd go into the future: to see if any of my family and friends were seriously/terminally ill, so I could go back and help them catch it in time.

But the sports ideas all good
I'm surprised no one's mentioned Back to the Future 2!

But personally I'd rather go into the past, to see what happened to Jesus, se what parts were true, and then I'd go back and stop my Auntie dying of cancer.
Saying this, I like to believe that everything happens for a reason, so maybe going back would be bad...But it's human nature to be curious, and to help save the ones we love, isn't it?

And greed is also a human trait that we all share...

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I think that knowing the future to obtain personal gain is probally not possible, just a feeling I have. But to benefit others especially from injury or death may be possible.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada
I feel embarrassed even saying this but I do dream about the future, but I just don't remember the dream until it happens days, weeks, months even years later.

Then my stomach twists when I realised I had a dream about that moment, it's never anything big though. Weird.

I also don't believe in psychics so I want to slap myself.

Sweetie, you are certainly NOT alone. If it�s natural to you, you are not likely to BE the ONLY one, and a lot of insanity is relative to those you happen to be around. I have several friends that have similar problems as I�we are a bunch of MISFITS, if you�ve ever seen one.

Originally posted by subzero360
I find this question interesting. But my question about "knowing about the future" is if what happens in the future happens because you knew it was going to happen or because that was it's plan.

Originally posted by Muaddib
I do think that visions are a form of warning by that part of us that is eternal, and sometimes we can channel some information that the "true self" each one of us have.

Sometime, about 3-4 years ago, I had a dream that I walked up to my friends, and there was someone new. I showed a little interest; I had sat next to the guy, but not for him�to talk to a friend sitting next to him. I had no interest in this guy. (I even remembered his backpack�bright yellow and black, reminded me of a yellow jacket.) I met this guy 2 years ago EXACTLY HOW I DID IN THE DREAM. I had a pseudo relationship in which he put me through HELL. I became very bitter, and took it out on him�I still have no interest in dating, though I�m over the man I once loved with all my heart. He only finally admits to hurting me 2-3 days ago.

Most of these dreams come surrounding something that hurts me/ embarrasses me. I was intending to use this one to avoid the guy, since I knew from past experiences that it wasn�t a good idea to relax around him. My GOD, he was my first! I do hate knowing the future, but if I ever pay attention, I may save myself from something worse than this.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join