It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brilliant Technology - The WaveReaper

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Waves work in a constant up-and-down movement, back and forth, and the WaveReaper, a simple mechanical device, takes advantage of this in a cheap way. As we said, the wave moves up and down, while most generators, rotate around an axle, and the wave size varies a lot, and creating problems, when you want to utilize their energy content. The current technologies regarding wave energy today is very costly, which means they can't compete with other ways of making energy. The technology can also be used to save the shoreline from The North Sea, Causing havoc in northern of Europe in Great Britain.

www.wavepartner.eu...

Let everyone know, friend and foe, its time for things to change in the worlds energy sector. Oil based economy, is not needed anymore, lets all accept it, and build a better world, lets feed the hungry, cure the sick, and of course, stop polluting the environment, with the oil based stone age technology.

Another great technology to add to the list of why we dont need to rely on fossil fuels...

Mod Note: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on Sun Jan 25 2009 by Jbird]

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
The amount of energy in ocean waves is huge. But the problems in dealing with the marine environment (corrosion*, marine growth, galvanic activity) are also huge. Simplicity is good but this system, in order to be effective, requires progressive levels of complexity. Pulleys and cables are probably not the best solution. A failure of one of the elements would seem to have a cascading effect on the entire system.

*corrosion occurs underwater as well as above the surface.

[edit on 1/25/2009 by Phage]

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I saw this earlier today as well great stuff, S+F

line

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Thanks for the info. The next leap in energy production will be how to harness the energy from a variety of sources. Too many times I hear, "Oh, that won't work. It's not enough." etc etc
Uh, hello, God gave us more than one source to work with and a brain to figure out how to do it. We also need to use our heart to make it available to friend and foe alike, especially our foe (gotta love them), which is a good idea for one's security, as much warfare is over energy security.

And I don't want to hear how something like this will be bad for the fish, etc.! Good Lord, I have to stare at off shore drilling platforms when I visit Santa Barbara!!

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Good device, only it still needs oil to lubricate the moving parts as it says on their site, so I guess it won't be an oil replacement, just a more 'green' and efficient use of it.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Yeah it would be nice to have this as just one of the hundreds of 'green power' technologies at our beck and call. But alas... tis seems not to be...

top topics

join