It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Queens Guard Attacks Tourist - must watch video

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
A QUEENS guardsman (SCOTS) saw red when a giggling student took the mickey out of him outside a royal palace by mimicking his actions - and went on the ATTACK.

www.youtube.com...://perezhilton.com/page/1/

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Wasn't much of an attack.
I think the punk, AND the giggling videographer deserved to be taken down a notch. I probably would have reacted the same way as the guard.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
that little prat should be glad the guardsman forgot all about his fixed bayonet, it would be impolite to mention where i would have stuck it.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by pieman

it was funny but they are still kids. Kids do it all the time and the guards never do something like that...

The Guard prob had a bad day but one thing is for sure is that he will never be a guards man again after if came out in the sun mag...

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
The little snot is lucky the guard's foot didn't have to be surgically removed from his crease.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

lol

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 25-1-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
The little snot?

Its just a kid joking around. Never does he endanger himself or anyone else around him. The guard should be able to compose himself in the face of much much worse abuse than that.

Kind of reminds me of when I see small kids playing too rough with large dogs. A well behaved honorable dog will just take the abuse and let the kids pull his tail. A poorly behaved insecure dog will attack the child, not savagely but a small nip, similar to the guard in questions behavior.

Peace

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
meh, it happened in the summer, by the looks of the greenery in the background and it's a phone video, i think, which means you'ld probably have a hard time figuring out which guard it was. have they fingered someone?

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by pieman

well it was published in the sun im sure they did...

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
The guard is a proud soldier performing his duty, as required. He takes pride in his task, as menial and ceremonial, though it may be.

The kid is not a child. He's older than twelve, and he's responsible for his own actions.

You don't make fun of a man's honor, a man' pride, or a man's duty. To do so is to violate something bigger than him, and is likely to elicit a response not to your liking.

The kid should have had his ass whipped, and humiliated as he was attempting to do to the soldier.

It's a matter of respect, and those who have none for another, should be given a brief, to-the-point education, something this little turd's parents apparently failed to do.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
...You don't make fun of a man's honor, a man' pride, or a man's duty. To do so is to violate something bigger than him, and is likely to elicit a response not to your liking. ...

Absolutely. I totally agree. Do not mock someone, if you aren't prepared to deal with the consequences.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
That's nothing....

Compared to what cops here (uk) did to a soldier, Mark aspinall.

that is a mere clip round the ear...

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
From what I'm aware as I live here in London, You can be arrested and fined for disrespecting the Crown if you mess to much with them, But i also know that its quite serious if they do react and can be removed from there duties for such a thing,

You see many tourists and children + visitors having a laugh knowing that there not really allowed to react, this kind of retaliation is a pretty rare event,

The Guard are exposed to this of thing daily and i would have imagined this guard to have taken it in his stride,

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

That is true... many, many people go up to them, pull faces and mock them.
He definitely should not have reacted and should have kept his cool..

Although we don't see the end of the clip, from what we do see... i would hardly call it an assault.
The case i mentioned above...was a brutal assault in a public place.

[edit on 24/1/09 by blupblup]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRealDonPedros

That's like saying that it's ok to push the school janitor knowing that he can't push you back. Screw the technicalities, if you do it enough he'll eventually push you back.

As someone said before, you never insult a soldier's pride and duty, it's more disrespectful than a clip round the ear.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
The guard is just trying to do his job. We are all working people, you probably wouldn't like it either if you were a waiter or something to the like, and while trying to take your table's order, they would mock and repeat everything you say. It would be very frustrating. I believe morals are a big factor in this, just because you can do something doesn't always mean that you should.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
This is being discussed in the following thread, posted yesterday:

www.belowtopsecret.com...'

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by malganis

The higher route is to not react. We alone as conscious beings can act above the cause & effect nature of our forebears. If A (punk) pushes on B (guard), B does not have to push back with an equal and opposing force. We can choose the higher route and not react.

It takes an understanding of the wavelike connectivity of reality in order to realize the true power of the golden rule, by pushing back (reacting) we are only pushing on ourselves. In the particle (moment) sense, yes its easy to succumb to causality through insecurity but again, we as higher conscious beings can say "the buck stops here, I will not feed the fire any longer".

A janitor that doesn't react will initially be rode even harder by the disrespectful kids but over time the water of his gentle ways will smooth the jagged rocks of their insecure misunderstandings.

Peace,

"Worship the wave, ride the particle" Don Pedros

[edit on 24-1-2009 by TheRealDonPedros]

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRealDonPedros
reply to post by malganis

A janitor that doesn't react will initially be rode even harder by the disrespectful kids but over time the water of his gentle ways will smooth the jagged rocks of their insecure misunderstandings.

No, over time the janitor will have a nervous breakdown from all the torment that he's not allowed to react to, while the disrespectful kids learn that disrespect is ok so go out and mug old ladies.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dracula23
reply to post by pieman

it was funny but they are still kids. Kids do it all the time and the guards never do something like that...

The Guard prob had a bad day but one thing is for sure is that he will never be a guards man again after if came out in the sun mag...

Since when is a 23 YEAR OLD MAN considered to be a kid?

From the youtube vid:

Columbian student Nick Ibarra, 23, began larking about for pal Suzanne Cadosch, 22, who was videoing the armed guard on duty in his bearskin and red tunic.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join